Season starts on Saturday against Nebraska

CAT5 Cane

Recruit
We've managed to beat cupcake Bethune Cookman and stumble to a win against powerhouse FAU (we should have lost). Now we have to line up against the Big Boys, starting with Nebraska this Saturday. Frankly, based on the team's thoroughly unimpressive peformance against FAU, I expect the Cornhuskers to trounce the 'Canes. The Big Red Machine is going to put up between 400 and 500 yards against D'Onofrio's somnambulant defense. It could get ugly early.

By the way, I hope I'm wrong. But the failure of Golden and his staff to turn this program around in four years has had a demoralizing effect on long-time fans like me. We simply don't see any evidence that Golden is capable of resurrecting this once-mighty program.

- CAT5 Cane

Advertisement
The countdown is in the 70s, but needs an accelerant. Come on Nebraska.

Firing Day is 79 away.

[video=youtube;wbasWiT72iM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbasWiT72iM[/video]

I expect a close win. Something like 38-35.

Last year we could have beaten them if it were not for dumb mistakes and turnovers in key situations.
This time around I think the breaks go our way at home.

Advertisement
After seeing both our games, the team is actually far worse than even I thought we would be. The OL is struggling and their is no depth. After several seasons those idiots still want the DLinemen to switch for some reason and they get confused as to when and why, resulting in them not be set and ready to play. I could go on but afters seeing 4 of our future opponents play, VT, GT, FSU & Virginia, I'm convinced all four will defeat us. It's not even fun watching us play anymore because of how poorly we are prepared to play and how obvious it is that we are being out coached every game. We will certainly see commits start dropping like over ripe mango's. The only positive I can "hope" for is that the admin come to their feminist senses and fire AL soon enough, announce Butch, Schiano or other big time HC, in time enough for it to excite recruits and give new staff time to secure a really good class.

Bet against Miami from here on out. The righteous cash will lessen the pain!

Advertisement
This game won't be close. FAU went for over 200 in a half on the ground. Imagine what Nebraska is going to do in four quarters with a competent coach and a better defense

Mike Riley is a marginal HC, but he's pretty **** good when it comes to designing gameplans and playing "big" opponents. He's licking his chops right now.

Advertisement
The season starts unravelling Sat. 35-24 big red. Miami is behind the 8 ball before the game starts. Frauden's inept coaching and in game adjustments are worth 10 to 14 points towards the other team.

The biggest problem I have seen is a cautious and conservative approach that never seems to change, even the announcers see this problem, we can only hope they will open up this offense and let the Jeannie out the bottle starting this week.

Advertisement
Mike Riley is a marginal HC, but he's pretty **** good when it comes to designing gameplans and playing "big" opponents. He's licking his chops right now.

How does he do against ****** opponents. That is the important question

Not well. But Nebraska still looks at UM like this is the 80s or 90s. He'll come in with a good plan, but his athletes should be overmatched by ours.

Advertisement
Back