Season starts now

obfan

Redshirt Freshman
Doesn't matter what we have done or not done so far. Our destiny is in our hands right now. I am a poker player. A poker player always wants to lose early and win late. We may have found ourselves entering the late part of the season on a high note. Kids had fun last night. Uptempo is fun. Lots of guys getting meaningful PT is fun. Coach now has interesting options instead of the slo mo crap. 2 weeks ago I posted we have only 5 legit D1 players on this team. many agreed. We are now back to 8. 15+21 have been steadily gowing in confidence . They may start although it really doesn't matter who starts on this team except Walker,Amp have to start and get major minutes. Coach can now coach. Matchups and hot hands get minutes. If Newt is getting favorable calls he gets minutes. Question is what would be a successful season for you? Don't go too high just a successful season we have a young team

Advertisement
Advertisement
What would you consider a successful season?

At this point? Winning the ACC Tournament or making the Elite Eight. I’m not reducing the standards we set for ourselves before the season started. We’ve been a disappointment so far. Only an excellent finish will change my mind.

We barely beat one of the most injured teams in the country last night. Let’s wait to say we’re turning things around till we actually get a quality win.

By that definition, UVA, Syracuse, and BC shouldn't get credit for beating us since they were healthy and we didn't have our best player.

ND had Farrell healthy, which is huge for them. Beating them on the road is a Quad 1 win, it's literally the definition of a quality win

At this point? Winning the ACC Tournament or making the Elite Eight. I’m not reducing the standards we set for ourselves before the season started. We’ve been a disappointment so far. Only an excellent finish will change my mind.

So because you had delusional expectations, we're somehow supposed to meet them, without our best player?

Literally nobody except you predicted us to win the ACC. We were #15 or so in the preseason, and we wouldn't have been ranked without Brown.

Advertisement
By that definition, UVA, Syracuse, and BC shouldn't get credit for beating us since they were healthy and we didn't have our best player.

ND had Farrell healthy, which is huge for them. Beating them on the road is a Quad 1 win, it's literally the definition of a quality win

Did I say we shouldn't get credit? It's a win. And it was needed. But it was not a great win and it wasn't impressive. Only reason it is considered a quad 1 win is because of Notre Dame's body of work with Colson at the beginning of the year.

As for your comment about my delusional expectations, I won't apologize for holding a team with 3 five-star (2 without Bruce) and 2 four-star recruits to high standards. I expected us to be a top-3 team in the ACC, especially with our favorable conference schedule. We're currently 8th.

You should not be satisfied with this season.

Last nights win was nice but it does not change my impression of the team. Before season started we looked like a team that could be in the upper echelon of acc teams. We thought Walker and Lykes would be welcome additions to our roster. Overall, they both performed about as well as can be expected. But, for a myriad of reasons, we seem to not play as well as we thought we would. It’s obvious Huell has been a big zero the past month or so. Lawrence had a string of games where he appeared to be a leader after Brown went down. The past 5 or so games he has pretty much disappeared on offense. Dj should only be considered an occasional asset as a 3 point shooter. Newton is newton. In summary it takes a supreme effort by our starters and few of our bench players to beat good teams. Unfortunately, I do not see our team all of a sudden becoming the team we hoped they were. We can beat bc at home, I think right now va tech and unc are better than us and will beat us. We are not a shoe in for the ncaat if we don’t win a few at acct in Brooklyn

Advertisement
It's hard to win on the road in the ACC. This season has been a disappointment but they've won 4 road acc games which is impressive especially when two of them were without Brown. We were 5 point underdogs and won yesterday so it's a somewhat impressive win. This team has frustrated me all year but they seem to find a way to win when they really have to. They need to stop playing with fire and win their next 2 home games and come ACC tourney hopefully get in a rhytm. If this team can move the ball around like they did last night, play more up tempo, and create turnovers on defense they can win games come tourney time. If we can get Bruce back for ACC tourney and have him play a few games before the actual Tourney that would be huge.

Had also lost 8 of last 11. You really think last night was a turning point in our season?

I never said that. They also lost a lot of those games without Ferrell. He missed a bunch of games. He came back, and they started playing better and winning. He missed like 5 games (along with the 11 or 12 Colson has missed).

Thank you for the replies. I am thinking 2 wins in the NCAA would make me pretty happy and yes we are not there yet we have lots of work to do. i may be a bit optimistic about our chance but i waited a long time for those changes we saw last night. Keep up the tempo,keep up the 1/2 court weave and IMO we have the personnel and the plan to "succeed"

Advertisement
Doesn't matter what we have done or not done so far. Our destiny is in our hands right now. I am a poker player. A poker player always wants to lose early and win late. We may have found ourselves entering the late part of the season on a high note. Kids had fun last night. Uptempo is fun. Lots of guys getting meaningful PT is fun. Coach now has interesting options instead of the slo mo crap. 2 weeks ago I posted we have only 5 legit D1 players on this team. many agreed. We are now back to 8. 15+21 have been steadily gowing in confidence . They may start although it really doesn't matter who starts on this team except Walker,Amp have to start and get major minutes. Coach can now coach. Matchups and hot hands get minutes. If Newt is getting favorable calls he gets minutes. Question is what would be a successful season for you? Don't go too high just a successful season we have a young team

How is 1-3 entering the late part of the season on a high note?

I see the changes made against ND as very positive sign. Maybe you do not. You are of course entitled to your opinion and state it here

This team has a few good players, but it gets very frustrating to watch at times. I'd be happy with 2 NCAA wins. Unfortunately, it will be 1 or none.

Advertisement
Back