Season Opener Tailgate Logistics

Papa_Cane

Freshman
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.

Our group is starting to put together our plans for the tailgate in Orlando. Have heard mixed details about whether or not tailgating at the stadium is either (a) welcome or (b) relatively feasible. Also have heard that there is a parking lot nearby that was selling tickets.

Any details anyone can provide re: where to tailgate would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, we will pregame at a bar in Downtown Orlando or tailgate in the hotel parking lot before ubering over to the stadium.

Advertisement

Our group is starting to put together our plans for the tailgate in Orlando. Have heard mixed details about whether or not tailgating at the stadium is either (a) welcome or (b) relatively feasible. Also have heard that there is a parking lot nearby that was selling tickets.

Any details anyone can provide re: where to tailgate would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, we will pregame at a bar in Downtown Orlando or tailgate in the hotel parking lot before ubering over to the stadium.

I know the CanesUnited lot and tailgate sold out. It was like 10 min walk to the stadium from their spot. The details surrounding the stadium lot parking have been murky at best. I haven't heard if its going to be first come first serve on those the day of or what the plan is. I went to the ACCCG there when they moved VT and Clemson to Orlando that one year, people were tailgating in the stadium lots and they used to tailgate all the time for OCSC games. Good Luck.

Parking around the Citrus Bowl (camping stadium or whatever the **** it's called now) can be a bit iffy. Sort of like parking at the old Orange Bowl. There isn't enough dedicated parking, so you might find yourself paying to park at a local business or even someone's yard. If that's the case, tailgating can get awkward.

We decided to skip the traditional tailgate and the nonsense surrounding the stadium limitations. Too many missions coordinating so many people/groups with such little information.

We decided to skip the traditional tailgate and the nonsense surrounding the stadium limitations. Too many missions coordinating so many people/groups with such little information.
We are leaning that way. So are you just going to pre-game at a bar?

Advertisement
We are leaning that way. So are you just going to pre-game at a bar?
Yup. Bit of a bar crawl. The one concern is someone ends up in jail and misses the game. Hoping some Cane bars get settled in so we don't have to throw chairs (in self-defense, law enforcement folks) at Gators.

Having the same issues, we are a group of 12 and just want some where to park, set up out tents, tables and speaker. The lack of info about cash lots is very annoying.

Yup. Bit of a bar crawl. The one concern is someone ends up in jail and misses the game. Hoping some Cane bars get settled in so we don't have to throw chairs (in self-defense, law enforcement folks) at Gators.
See that's why you're the real MVP. Gotta pack extra chairs just in case.

1. CanesUnited - sold out
2. "Official UM" tailgate - we just got notice that UM will be having something (tickets sold through UM) at Tinker Field (official Camping World\ Stadium parking lot)
3. Third option - I am going to try to contact some of the parking lots that are near the Orlando City soccer stadium. Soccer is a bit different, there isn't as much tailgating, and certainly not for as long a period of time. I do not know if these lots have ever considered the issue of grilling and whether it is allowed or not, but I am fairly certain that the City of Orlando parking lot of at the SE corner of Central and Terry will NOT allow grilling. However, there are some privately owned lots at the NE corner of Central and Terry that MIGHT allow grilling. Here's a wild card to throw into the mix: there is a pop-up bar at the NW corner of Central and Terry called the Yard Bar that opens up for all of the soccer games. I have reached out to the owners to see what it might take to open up on August 24 (no soccer games that day). This might be a great option IN CONJUNCTION with the private parking lots (assuming they allow grilling), as the private parking lots are usually not open for 4-5 hours and have NO PORT-O-LETS. Let me see what I can find out here, but I am giving full warning, this is NOT an "official UM event" nor is it a Canes United event, this might be something that the owners would be willing to do (private lots that allow grilling and/or a very cool pop-up bar with restroom facilities), and we would have to spread the word-of-mouth on our own.

Finally, again without any UM support, the Orlando AA had tentatively made a Friday night reservation for Ace Cafe. We are still "pencilled in", though no money has exchanged hands. I have proposed an unofficial "UM takes over Ace Cafe" for Friday night starting at 7 pm. This will not be a "you have to pay UM event", and if we do this, it will also have to be a word-of-mouth type of thing.

I have mentioned this venue before, it is a very nice place, great food, great drinks, a MODERATE amount of parking (though some will need to park at the Bank of America building). This is the venue where we are ALSO thinking about booking for the Game Watch parties too.

So, to summarize...

Friday night, make plans to AT LEAST start the night at Ace Cafe...even if you end up at the Parliament House later, not that there's anything wrong with that...

Saturday NON-ORGANIZED do-it-yourself tailgating MIGHT be able to be set up over by the OCSC stadium (also VERY close to the beginning of the shuttle route)...we might ALSO be able to take over the Yard Bar for pre-game...

Saturday night post-game...you're on your own...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back