Searles is not the Answer for Offensive Line Coach

It's 90% scheme.....good god you people are hopeless. A good scheme makes an offensive line (and their coach) a genius.

Advertisement
I posted this in the other OL thread but this thread seems to be more popular so I'll post it here as well.

The run blocking has been the same this year to last. The pass blocking has been worse but I think this is due mainly to the scheme. Richt has guys running deep routes and with those routes you're asking the line to block for a longer period of time compared to the shorter routes that Coley preferred. Richt needs to see that this isn't working and scheme shorter routes.

But the bottom line is that there is still a void of talent.

Darling is a guard. He's vastly overmatched at LT. You can mask him vs inferior competition, but since ACC play has begun he's been a turnstile. McDermott had been playing pretty well but last week he struggled mightily and got benched for Alex ******* Gall. Yea, it was that bad. McDermott has overall not lived up to his recruiting hype. Linder is OK at center. He's undersized but he typically holds his own. I'd like to see him on some more pulls. Remember when he was mauling dudes at G his freshman year on pulls? That was fun. Isidora is also generally decent. He struggles with quick moves as evidenced last week when he had his ankles broke on that spin move, but he's probably our best overall lineman. St. Louis has the biggest ceiling of any lineman we have but he's not ready for primetime. Last week he got his *** kicked. He's physically talented but his technique is so sloppy. I also think there may be a bit of a focus issue. One play he'll look dominant and the next play he'll look clueless. We need to keep giving him reps though, because he is likely our future LT. Odogwu is not a starting lineman. He's just too slow. He's a backup at best and should not see reps unless there is an injury.

Interesting wasn't Manny Diaz with Searles on that dumpster Texas squad where Manny was fired 3 games in? Either that Texas team was the talent equivalent of an all girls Catholic school or we are basically f!cked! I just don't want another Randy Shannon hiring flashback moment Coker was enough to last a life time.

What makes players so qualified to hire coaches? Didn't in 1989 the players lobbied Sam to hire Gary Stevens? See this is where the AD needs to assert themselves and we haven't had an assertable AD since Jankovich. Easy to make that HR hire but any substance behind it?

Jury is still out but clock tick..tick..tick

Advertisement
Didn't Mark Richt say when he got here, "Where are all the big guys?" When he first laid eyes on our lines?

Someone needs to explain why the Georgia Tech HC wanted him there then to coach OL.

Advertisement
Didn't Mark Richt say when he got here, "Where are all the big guys?" When he first laid eyes on our lines?

That stood out to you because it's the same thing you say every time you enter a room.

I'm assuming your comment is some sort of juvenile attempt at a homosexual reference at me, or you are one of those worthless trolls, otherwise the comment makes zero sense. Either way, I hope you go suck on a shotgun.

Last edited:
For the record, I have no idea whether Searles is a good OL coach but it seems pretty unlikely that he is the primary problem with this offense right now. The bigger issues are the scheme, the personnel that he is working with, and a QB who needs max protection to be accurate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back