Search Committee Announced

mitchellorin

Freshman
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced today the retention of a search firm and the formation of a search advisory committee as the University seeks a new head football coach.

Korn Ferry, one of the world's most respected search firms with vast experience in coaching searches, has been retained and will assist the University in all aspects of the search process.

The search advisory committee will provide James with input on the process and on candidates. Members of the advisory committee include Board of Trustees members Hilarie Bass, David Epstein and Steve Saiontz; Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley and former UM standouts Jonathan Vilma and Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde.

"We are well underway in our search process," said James, "and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U. Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision. We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our University."

Source

Advertisement
nice. love that vilma and vinny are part of it.

you guys realize blake james is being smart here. if it doesnt pan out he'll blame the BOT, Ms. Strawley and the two former players. he just took CIS sack lunch and dumped in it.

**** a search firm. The same **** that landed us Al Golden. Mario on deck. **** everything.

Advertisement
Isn't it a conflict of interest to have Testaverde on the advisory committee since his son is on the team?

Love the Vinny and Vilma choices. Neither have been hot-headed or loud-mouthed about the situation. I think they can bring a well thought out and rational opinion to the table.

Advertisement
Isn't it a conflict of interest to have Testaverde on the advisory committee since his son is on the team?

I don't think anymore than Golden coaching and having his nephew on the team. Especially since Vinny Jr. isn't a scholly kid. Vinny knows his son isn't going to see playing time unless the team is riddled with injuries.

This is a positive. Bring fresh ideas to the table instead of the same old line of thinking.

At the very least you would think our AD will now know the names Herman, Fuente, etc. I wasn't sure that would be the case previously

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a can of gas and a box of matches ready...Blake better not get this one wrong.

At the end of the day its on Blake's shoulder's, regardless of how soft they are. He should be working diligently to get this right and he should know its his responsibility to get this fixed.

Love the Vinny and Vilma choices. Neither have been hot-headed or loud-mouthed about the situation. I think they can bring a well thought out and rational opinion to the table.

I agree. Vilma will not allow pressure from his peers at Miami to cloud his judgement on who should be the next coach at Miami. Dude's a bright guy.

Advertisement
Back