Scrimmage video

I think it would be best served to look around, only a handful of teams around the country are not concerned about their oline Oklahoma, bama, uga etc. but majority of the rest of college football teams all have concerns about their oline too especially in the spring. It’s not exclusive to Miami. I think They will be fine but we will see ultimately come game 1. With Rousseau and garvin on the edge it would look worse than it really is too
I know you guys want to pump these DL players we got up but outside of Garvin. These dudes haven't proved **** on a regular.

This isn't last years or the year before DL. Not until they prove it during the season. Dee stated expect a set back.

If Berry can't get a a solid unit together. That can stay healthy come the start of the season. It will look like every team we play. Has elite pass rushers and feed me Seymour DT.

Advertisement
The mistake yall are making is acting as if a scrimmage in April is the finished product of how we'll look in August.

Yall really think Enos is out there calling a Spring scrimmage as if it's a playoff game?? Lol yall do know we literally have another Spring game this coming weekend right?

Trevon Hill isn't on campus yet, Bubba Bolden isn't on campus yet, Sam Brooks & Avery Huff aren't on campus yet, we got 4 DT's coming in Chigozie Nnoruka, Jalar Holley, Jared Harrison-Hunte & Jason Blissett (and whether you believe it or not one out of those 3 Frosh will not be shirted this year & will get rotational snaps), Christian Williams & Keontra Smith ain't on campus yet, Jakai Clark who will be a backup Center ain't on campus yet...

The point being, I would recommend yall preserve your overreactions for Fall camp when the roster is full. In case you haven't noticed the staff has kept a number of guys out in Spring with day to day nicked up injuries because they're fully aware Fall camp is more important than Spring.

They're still adding & implementing new aspects of the playbook throughout the Spring & will continue in Fall, installs on both sides of the ball don't just stop after week 1 in Spring camp fellas lol.

I was excited bout the Scrimmage just like everybody else was & of course we're all hungry to see how we look after being so disappointed last season, but some of yall really gotta ****** relax lol The season isn't over & hasn't even started yet, calm the f*ck down.
My concern is the OL. Nothing more nothing less.

My concern is the OL. Nothing more nothing less.
The OL is all our concern, even the coaches lol.

But we don't even know who the starters are yet because Gaynor has been out & they've shuffled everyone along the line. Plus we don't know if they're going to add another Grad transfer linemen after Spring.

It would be next to impossible for the OL to look stout in the Spring, we'll know when they take the field come 8/24.

Appreciated! So William's saw most of his work against the ones in the second half? Who was Perry facing in the second half?
Rewatching all the periscopes now.

Martell went against the 1s defense in both of his series in the first half.
-His throw to Osborn on the 1 defense which was a slant was impressive imo

Perry went against the 1s in his first 2 series
-Opened the game and drove the field ended with a fg
-second series was against the 1s after Bandy’s fake punt run that put them near the goal line. Ended up with a fg, offense didn’t move much.
-his 3rd series which ended the half was a mixup of backups and walkons. Moved well down the field but when we got in the endzone Perry was missing throws

Jarren went entirely in his series against the backups/walkons in the first half
Drove the ball down the field on most of his series the entire day

2nd half
Tate opened up against the 3rd team/walkons
Series 1
-threw behind njoku(hit his hands so he probably should have caught it.
- walkon dropped a pass
- Tate hit a guy for a 10 yard completion
- Tate stumbled on the grass and took a loss.
-on 3rd and 18 Tate threw a bad pass that was short (just bad all together).

Jarren 1st series against the ones in the second half.
-pope had a 52 yard rush
- Williams hit Wiggins a nice pass on the slant for a first down after that play.
- led to a field goal after two runs
- threw a good pass to Osborn that probably should have been a touchdown if he had a bit more air under it.

Qb Proctor got the next series against walkons/3rd team
Pope made a good catch on a slant for about 20 yards or so.

Perry first series in the second half was vs first team defense

- not much going this series, short pass to Osborn, Perry took a sack and we ultimately punted.

Martell 2nd series (vs 3rd team/walkons)
10 yard completion to deejay in the flats
Deejay bust a run for 40 for a td

Williams 2nd series vs 1st defense in the second half
-Irvin drops a pass
- Williams with a bad pass(one of the only bad decisions all day for him), moving to the right and trying to hit a receiver across his body almost, Pinckney should have had an int but dropped it.
- Williams hits Mallory with room to run, big pickup
-Williams shows some movement ability in the pocket and picks up a good chunk of yardage running.
- Williams tried to get it deep to Osborn down the right sideline but he couldn’t come up with the catch
- Williams takes a sack
- Williams has another bad pass that could have been picked but ended up a touchdown to Payton which was tipped to end the scrimmage

That’s literally all of the reps, after watching it again all of the qbs have things to work on but I’m not nearly as down on Tate as people were yesterday. Does he needs to improve? Yes but that was a small sample size and He didn’t play much as the drives didn’t get going (int that could have been pass interference) or ended up being short(deejay Dallas touchdown run). He made a few good passes but had a few bad ones as well. Had at least 2 dropped passes.4 series total like the rest of the qbs though with the first 2 series going against the #1 defense to start off. Anyone lamenating this as a fact that he can’t play are overeating IMO.

Williams didn’t do bad at all against the first team in the second half either outside of those 2 bad passes on that last drive

Perry i believe only played 1 series in the second half which makes since considering he played 3 in the first. While the other 2 qbs only played 2. Perry had a total of 3 series against the first team defense in the scrimmage , first one the O moved the ball down the field for a fg, 2nd was a short field after the fake punt that ended up with a field goal. 3rd series vs #1 defense was non productive.

Williams only had 4 series(2 in the second half vs the #1 defense)
First series vs #1 defense
Ended up with a field goal
2nd series vs #1 defense
“Miracle” touchdown*
He did well overall outside of those 2 throws in that last drive imo

All of the qbs can improve and will imo.

Last edited:
Spring scrimmage doesn't show alot to be honest. Let the summer practices kick in and then we will see how the QBs mature. I still think it is Nkosi's job to lose. Tate and Jarren need to step up big time.

Advertisement
* Pope starting to look Pope. As someone else posted, Osborn is a pro.
* Kennedy slamming seems premature to me, he looked okay.
* Dallas and Harris are a solid combo
* Pinckney looking really good. So glad he came back!
* Shaq looked a little rusty. I get it. They're so worried about LB depth he's not getting reps. But we need a GT from the portal yesterday.
* Hall 26 consistently in the right spot. Him, Carter, Bolden and K Smith are going to be a force back there.
* Gil, on the other hand, looked a little lost. Were they playing him as an ILB at one point yesterday? I often couldn't tell his position.

All-up, I like our WR/TE/RB options a lot. QBs were up-and-down, but NOTHING like 2018. OL not nearly as bad as I expected given the negativity on this board. Not worried at all about the defense provided no more LBs go down.

Nesta, trench bully

Like a bear playing with prey. Iooked like he was running his mouth after the tackle. I like that in a DT. We need practice to be nasty and violent. Those are things that must be done, not talked about by coaches.

I'm hoping Knowles is seeing PT in Spring because Keontra Smith and Bubba Bolden aren't on campus yet.
Derrick Smith has also been banged up, so was Amari Carter, he just got back to practice about 2-3 days ago.

People are always panicking over Knowles getting reps in the Spring, same sh*t happened last year, then when the season rolled around he barely even played except on Special teams.

The Safeties will be Amari Carter, Gurvan Hall, Bubba Bolden, Derrick Smith, Robert Knowles & Kenotra Smith.

Bobby K won't play a lick when it really matters, he'll be a ST's player at the most, but people are gonna keep ****in themselves over it no matter what lol.

Advertisement
I pray that Knowles wont play once Amari is healthy and Bubba gets to campus

ST guy only. That’s all he’s good for. NO MORE PARTICIPATION TROPHIES. We’ve been literally having participation trophies for a minute at, what used to be, our strongest position.

We’ve had Kacy Rodgers, Tyrone Cornelius, Alonzo Highsmith, Thomas Finnie, Larry Hope...am I missing anyone over the years?

One thing I noticed that will be a staple is RPO with the mesh point. It keeps the LBs on their toes whether to commit to the run or look for the quick pass. It def freezes the D and it showed a decent amount.
It’ll be nice to see play makers get the ball in space in this O.

ST guy only. That’s all he’s good for. NO MORE PARTICIPATION TROPHIES. We’ve been literally having participation trophies for a minute at, what used to be, our strongest position.

We’ve had Kacy Rodgers, Tyrone Cornelius, Alonzo Highsmith, Thomas Finnie, Larry Hope...am I missing anyone over the years?

Finnie actually had a good freshman season, would've been a contributor if He didn't get kicked out.

Cornelius, while not spectacular, was a good role player to me.

Agree with you on Highsmith & Rodgers.

Advertisement
I know you guys want to pump these DL players we got up but outside of Garvin. These dudes haven't proved **** on a regular.

This isn't last years or the year before DL. Not until they prove it during the season. Dee stated expect a set back.

If Berry can't get a a solid unit together. That can stay healthy come the start of the season. It will look like every team we play. Has elite pass rushers and feed me Seymour DT.
Props for keeping it a buck OB and not the fluff **** we tend to hear this time every year

Lol as bad as Kacy and Highsmith were, id take them 100 out of 100 times over Knowles. He shouldn’t even be on special teams...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back