Scrimmage video

Advertisement
The OL is horrendous. This team won't go far this season regardless how weak the schedule is. If this unit doesn't step up.

All three QB are work in progress. I seen nothing that sets any of them apart. They all have big time flaws and it showed with defenders in their face.

The harsh reality........that’s a poor offensive football team. There is no sugar coating it. For whatever reason there still is a lot of Richt in there meaning every pass is 5-7 yard routes and the defense doesn’t need to cover the whole whole field. I’m very concerned and disappointed.
Classic overreaction at its finest

The OL is horrendous. This team won't go far this season regardless how weak the schedule is. If this unit doesn't step up.

All three QB are work in progress. I seen nothing that sets any of them apart. They all have big time flaws and it showed with defenders in their face.
Lol man come on

Advertisement
I agree about our QB's. This is the most critical positon and the largest issue over the last few years, but I see just more of the same and no clear dominate player.

Advertisement
They might as well stayed on the sideline. It would've gave the same effect.
Idk man, we **** sure seemed to run the ball much better than last year but pass protection was terrible. Idk if it's due to different players or scheme/technique they're teaching but it's almost opposite of last year. Damnit mane, I know there's still a lot time but can we get an OL that can at least be decent to good at both?

No Jt4? In the 3wr set?. I think Pope needs to be clearly moving past Harley in the rotation. Payton and Osborn also were impressive. Payton looks like an elite get at receiver so far. Something special about him.

Our top 5 receivers need to be:

Thomas
Osborn
Pope
Hightower
Payton

That video didn’t have perry’s worst throw of the day when he overshot a receiver in the endzone but it was bad for sure because he was wide open. It was on that same series were he hit Payton and Osborn multiple times and had 2 incompletions to precede that bad throw in the end zone. He looked like malik Rosier with those 3 throws in the endzone tbqh.

Cam Davis Is an animal, he clearly has a lot of elusiveness which honestly I didn’t think he had after watching his highlight film. Thought he was more of a straight line runner but he looks elusive and has plenty of speed to burn at running back. Can’t wait until Lorenzo lingard gets back and all 3 of them are playing

Bro; my fault. Lol. That was a mad rookie mistake. Man I just woke up and went straight to the page. I meant, Osborne, Pope and JT4. Hightower and Payton major PT and Njoku major burn for RZ. My bad. Literally laughing at myself. Lol

Idk man, we **** sure seemed to run the ball much better than last year but pass protection was terrible. Idk if it's due to different players or scheme/technique they're teaching but it's almost opposite of last year. Damnit mane, I know there's still a lot time but can we get an OL that can at least be decent to good at both?
It can be a little bit of both but ANY team will have a tough time blocking guys like Rousseau,garvin and to a lesser extent patchan. **** Nesta is a handful too

Advertisement
The harsh reality........that’s a poor offensive football team. There is no sugar coating it. For whatever reason there still is a lot of Richt in there meaning every pass is 5-7 yard routes and the defense doesn’t need to cover the whole whole field. I’m very concerned and disappointed.
The reality is this is a team with an entirely different offensive philosophy and scheme that was given to them 2 months ago. They’re also going up against a very talented defense that has everything unchanged since last year. It’s actually promising to see them moving the ball even a bit. If you think Manny and Enos are going to show everyone everything in the first public scrimmage then idk what to tell you.

Advertisement
Nests just needs a tag team partner w him. I can see offenses down the line, planning to double team him. He needs another bully w him so he can eat & cause havoc.
From the sounds of it ford will probably be that guy. I’m not sure i want bethel starting over Nesta though. He’s just not productive enough but can be a good rotational piece

They might as well stayed on the sideline. It would've gave the same effect.
I think it would be best served to look around, only a handful of teams around the country are not concerned about their oline Oklahoma, bama, uga etc. but majority of the rest of college football teams all have concerns about their oline too especially in the spring. It’s not exclusive to Miami. I think They will be fine but we will see ultimately come game 1. With Rousseau and garvin on the edge it would look worse than it really is too

Last edited:

Totally disagree, respectfully that is.

I saw holes open up for DeeJay, jet sweeps, motion, re-sets, shallow crossing routes, TEs being used down the seam and across the middle. I saw an offensive scheme that got guys open.

Under Richt it was bubble screen, deep shot to one player, delayed draw handoffs, FB dives, QB keeps, stretch hand offs. We often complained the middle of the field was opened and never exploited. No motion, whatsoever.

The QB play needs to tighten up, though. Our QBs gotta know when to tuck it, when to move off their intended target, when to throw it away, when to run it. We get good QB play and decent OL play, and fa sho we in the ACCCG. We get great QB play and good OL play and we in the CFP, imo, and everyone knows I’m not optimistic. Lol

From the sounds of it ford will probably be that guy. I’m not sure i want bethel starting over Nesta though. He’s just not productive enough but can be a good rotational piece

Exactly. Bethel has flashed, but he’s not a mainstay starter and the Wisc game proved that, imo. Great rotational guy, but we need bullies in the middle. That’s always been us. We can easily call ourselves DTU, seriously. We need that again

Advertisement
Back