Scrimmage video

Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought the offense line looked a little better. But like you said, still some work to do
Yeah I’m encouraged with what Kai-Leon Herbert is providing, seems like he’s getting better this spring. Sure he gave up a few pressures but so did scaife. Regardless I like The way he is progressing and he may be the guy at right tackle this year

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks @Hoyacane1620

This gave a different perspective v. black & white #’s.

First of all, some of these incompletions wouldn’t have even counted in a real game, b/c they would’ve been sacks. Our OL needs improvement, and moving forward, we gotta shoot our shots at 5* & highly rated 4* OL nationally, and if they are low 4* stars or below, pls let them come from The Midwest.

Regardless, what I see are QBs who can all improve. My knock on Jarren was his ball placement on 20 yard passes and out. I specifically remember him throwing pretty spirals during The Army All American Game, yet they were all under thrown. He had Pope opened all game that day, but he put so much air under the passes along w being short, it allowed defenders to catch up to break up the play. I saw a little of that on a couple of his passes, including one deep pass.

Kosi clearly has the strongest arm, but I feel like he’s a gangbanger doing a drive by. (Sorry, it’s the hood in me.) U don’t know if Kosi is going to hit his intended target or not. Some of the misses he had were elementary throws, but he tries to shotgun everything which causes wild, inaccurate throws at times.

I already expressed my concern w Tate from HS. Yes, going undefeated against top, national talent is impressive, but my concern about him only throwing for, on avg., 161 yrds/game was concerning. I felt his mobility, grit, along with being a passing game mgr could help him. He may have grit, but clearly his passing IQ is not where it needs to be, and having to sit out this yr and refining his mechanics could’ve done wonders for him, but now, he’s most likely a 3rd option.

The RBs looked good, but DeeJay is on a mission. Dude looks good, no lie. And of course Cam is Cam.

My interest was w the WRs b/c of their maturity and habits of dropping balls and I think Pope, Osborne, and Thoms should be our 3 WR set. However, I definitely think Njoku needs to get PLENTY of RZ burn and Payton and Hightower should get plenty of burn in general. Really was impressed w/ Payton and how Baby Njoku high pointed that football like a beast.

If we don’t have a BIG package, I would be ridiculously disappointed.

Offense looked way better than before. But we still have some refinements, fa sho.

Last edited:
Thanks @Hoyacane1620

First of all, some of these incompletions wouldn’t have even counted in a real game, b/c they would’ve been sacks. Our OL needs improvement, and moving forward, we gotta shoot our shots at 5* & highly rated 4* OL nationally, and if they are low 4* stars or below, pls let them come from The Midwest.

Regardless, what I see are QBs who can all improve. My knock on Jarren was his ball placement on 20 yard passes and out. I specifically remember him throwing pretty spirals during The Army All American Game, yet they were all under thrown. He had Pope opened all game that day, but he put so much air under the passes along w being short, it allowed defenders to catch up to break up the play. I saw a little of that on a couple of his passes, including one deep pass.

Kosi clearly has the strongest arm, but I feel like he’s a gangbanger doing a drive by. (Sorry, it’s the hood in me.) U don’t know if Kosi is going to hit his intended target or not. Some of the misses he had were elementary throws, but he tries to shotgun everything which causes wild, inaccurate throws at times.

I already expressed my concern w Tate from HS. Yes, going undefeated against top, national talent is impressive, but my concern about him only throwing for, on avg., 161 yrds/game was concerning. I felt his mobility would and grit, along with being a passing game mgr could help him. He may have grit, but clearly his passing IQ is not where it needs to be, and having to sit out this yr and refining his mechanics could’ve done wonders for him, but now, he’s most likely a 3rd option.

The RBs looked good, but DeeJay is on a mission. Dude looks good, no lie. And of course Cam is Cam.

My interest was w the WRs b/c of their maturity and habits of dropping balls and I think Pope, Osborne, and Hightower should be our 3 WR set. However, I definitely think Njoku needs to get PLENTY of RZ burn and Payton should get plenty of burn in general. Really was impressed w/ Payton and how Baby Njoku high pointed that football like a beast.

Offense looked way better than before. But we still have some refinements, fa sho.
No Jt4? In the 3wr set?. I think Pope needs to be clearly moving past Harley in the rotation. Payton and Osborn also were impressive. Payton looks like an elite get at receiver so far. Something special about him.

Our top 5 receivers need to be:

Thomas
Osborn
Pope
Hightower
Payton

That video didn’t have perry’s worst throw of the day when he overshot a receiver in the endzone but it was bad for sure because he was wide open. It was on that same series were he hit Payton and Osborn multiple times and had 2 incompletions to precede that bad throw in the end zone. He looked like malik Rosier with those 3 throws in the endzone tbqh.

Cam Davis Is an animal, he clearly has a lot of elusiveness which honestly I didn’t think he had after watching his highlight film. Thought he was more of a straight line runner but he looks elusive and has plenty of speed to burn at running back. Can’t wait until Lorenzo lingard gets back and all 3 of them are playing

IDK who made this - I saw it retweeted from YouTube early this morning. The end of the scrimmage is missing. Canesport put up the full scrimmage video - it's almost twice this long.

I watched the scrimmage on that periscope stream yesterday, following along on the twitter updates. One thing I noticed watching this video is the number of catchable dropped passes. Especially passes from Jarren. In that last 2 minute drive alone, Irvin dropped two from JW that were in his hands. Osborne also dropped a couple.

Advertisement
Thanks @Hoyacane1620

I already expressed my concern w Tate from HS. Yes, going undefeated against top, national talent is impressive, but my concern about him only throwing for, on avg., 161 yrds/game was concerning. I felt his mobility would and grit, along with being a passing game mgr could help him. He may have grit, but clearly his passing IQ is not where it needs to be, and having to sit out this yr and refining his mechanics could’ve done wonders for him, but now, he’s most likely a 3rd option.

My interest was w the WRs b/c of their maturity and habits of dropping balls and I think Pope, Osborne, and Hightower should be our 3 WR set. However, I definitely think Njoku needs to get PLENTY of RZ burn and Payton should get plenty of burn in general. Really was impressed w/ Payton and how Baby Njoku high pointed that football like a beast.

**** no JT in our 3 wide set?

IDK who made this - I saw it retweeted from YouTube early this morning. The end of the scrimmage is missing. Canesport put up the full scrimmage video - it's almost twice this long.

I watched the scrimmage on that periscope stream yesterday, following along on the twitter updates. One thing I noticed watching this video is the number of catchable dropped passes. Especially passes from Jarren. In that last 2 minute drive alone, Irvin dropped two from JW that were in his hands. Osborne also dropped a couple.
You talking about the deep sideline ball to Osborn and the throw in the endzone that Williams threw to him right? Yeah, now that I think About it Osborn did have 2 drops. Williams was spot on with accuracy all day until the final drive where he almost threw 2 ints. Outside of that point he played like the best QB imo

Advertisement
The harsh reality........that’s a poor offensive football team. There is no sugar coating it. For whatever reason there still is a lot of Richt in there meaning every pass is 5-7 yard routes and the defense doesn’t need to cover the whole whole field. I’m very concerned and disappointed.

Advertisement
Back