Scrimmage Thoughts--2019 Ahead

EL U

Recruit
Was at the first five innings of the scrimmage today. Word is that we took command in the second half, but I'm unsure if both team's starters were still in the game at that point.

The sky is not falling in Coral Gables. Yes, the last two seasons have been disappointing, bitterly disappointing. But our rosters have been young and have done what young rosters do: Struggle with inconsistency early and improve a bit as the season goes on, albeit too late to make the tournament.

Our roster is still young this season. We have ONE senior. We will struggle at times getting the bats going and it is going to be frustrating having to deal with another year of this. BUT we return most of our team from last year and will return almost all of this year's team next year. Also check the next couple of recruiting classes we have coming in-- we are gonna have some elite depth in not too long.

Baseball isn't football, the coach simply does not make or break the team. Nick Saban at Bama makes around $10 million, Alex Cora with the Red Sox makes less than 10% of that. Gino DiMare isn't the most well-liked person on this board, but he alone will not and cannot break this team-- only a low team batting average or ERA will. If anything, DiMare has recruited some of the best talent in the nation so in my book he is already doing very well.

I predict that we struggle early in 2019, but will get it together in time to finish top three in the ACC Coastal while winning around 35-40 games. Also will return to the NCAA Tournament. May go out in the regionals, but this season will just set the stage for some very deep runs over the next couple years after that.

Advertisement
There’s a lot of sunshine in this post. I’ll gladly take it considering the state of the football program and the poor baseball product of the last couple seasons.

Thanks for your post.

Was at the first five innings of the scrimmage today. Word is that we took command in the second half, but I'm unsure if both team's starters were still in the game at that point.

The sky is not falling in Coral Gables. Yes, the last two seasons have been disappointing, bitterly disappointing. But our rosters have been young and have done what young rosters do: Struggle with inconsistency early and improve a bit as the season goes on, albeit too late to make the tournament.

Our roster is still young this season. We have ONE senior. We will struggle at times getting the bats going and it is going to be frustrating having to deal with another year of this. BUT we return most of our team from last year and will return almost all of this year's team next year. Also check the next couple of recruiting classes we have coming in-- we are gonna have some elite depth in not too long.

Baseball isn't football, the coach simply does not make or break the team. Nick Saban at Bama makes around $10 million, Alex Cora with the Red Sox makes less than 10% of that. Gino DiMare isn't the most well-liked person on this board, but he alone will not and cannot break this team-- only a low team batting average or ERA will. If anything, DiMare has recruited some of the best talent in the nation so in my book he is already doing very well.

I predict that we struggle early in 2019, but will get it together in time to finish top three in the ACC Coastal while winning around 35-40 games. Also will return to the NCAA Tournament. May go out in the regionals, but this season will just set the stage for some very deep runs over the next couple years after that.
Did you happen to notice what bats we are swinging this year? I saw a picture on The UM website and the bat did not look like adidas. Please tell me this is true.

Advertisement
Back