Scrimmage Stats (All 3 Combined)

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
https://247sports.com/college/miami...es-Three-Spring-Football-Scrimmages-117555159

QUARTERBACKS
Malik Rosier -- 20 for 35 (57.1 percent), 296 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 interception

N'Kosi Perry -- 24 for 50 (48.0 percent), 253 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions

Cade Weldon -- 9 for 12 (75.0 percent), 113 yards (Note: missed two scrimmages with eye infection)

Jarren Williams -- 17 for 25 (68.0 percent), 224 yards, 3 touchdowns

RUNNING BACKS
Travis Homer -- 19 carries for 100 yards (5.3 avg), 1 touchdown; 1 catch

DeeJay Dallas -- 10 carries for 42 yards (4.2 avg), 1 touchdown; 1 catch

Lorenzo Lingard -- 18 carries for 42 yards (2.3 avg); 4 catches for 38 yards

Robert Burns -- 17 carries for 58 yards (3.4 avg); 1 catch for 26 yards

Trayone Gray -- 1 catch

WIDE RECEIVERS
Jeff Thomas -- 9 catches for 173 yards, 2 touchdowns

Brian Hightower -- 5 catches for 125 yards, 2 touchdowns

Darrell Langham -- 6 catches for 98 yards, 1 touchdown

Mike Harley -- 7 catches for 69 yards

Lawrence Cager -- 4 catches for 56 yards

Daquris Wiggins -- 5 catches for 35 yards

Dayall Harris -- 3 catches for 35 yards

TIGHT ENDS
Michael Irvin Jr. -- 8 catches for 76 yards

Brian Polendey -- 5 catches for 12 yards

DEFENSIVE LINE
Gregory Rousseau -- 16 tackles, 10 for a loss, 9 sacks

Joe Jackson -- 9 tackles, 3 for a loss, 3 sacks

Jonathan Garvin -- 8 tackles, 4 for a loss, 4 sacks

Scott Patchan -- 7 tackles, 4 for a loss, 4 sacks

Gerald Willis -- 5 tackles, 1 for a loss, 1 pass breakup

Jon Ford -- 2 tackles

Tyreic Martin -- 2 tackles

LINEBACKERS
Michael Pinckney -- 9 tackles

Shaquille Quarterman -- 8 tackles, 1 pass breakup

Bradley Jennings -- 12 tackles, 2 for a loss, 1 sack, 1 pass breakup

Mike Smith -- 7 tackles

Terry McCray -- 4 tackles

Romeo Finley -- 3 tackles, 1 for a loss, 1 sack

Waynmon Steed -- 3 tackles

Derrick Smith -- 2 tackles

CORNERBACKS
Michael Jackson -- 7 tackles, 1 pass breakup, 1 forced fumble

Gilbert Frierson -- 8 tackles, 2 for a loss, 1 sack, 2 interceptions

D.J. Ivey -- 5 tackles

Trajan Bandy -- 3 tackles

Jhavonte Dean -- 2 tackles

SAFETIES
Amari Carter -- 6 tackles

Robert Knowles -- 4 tackles

Jaquan Johnson -- 4 tackles

Sheldrick Redwine - 2 tackles

Last edited:
Advertisement
wth, looks like our defense was told to let the offense fire away. Those stats are outrageous.

Advertisement
wth, looks like our defense was told to let the offense fire away. Those stats are outrageous.

?? Not really...7.3 yppass and only 3 picks is a little alarming. But 23 sacks and that apr is really good...Even if you take away 5-6 sacks because maybe a QB could escape in a real setting, that is still a lot of sacks. Looks like secondary needs to improve and we need to get better taking away the big play.

Polendey had a longish catch at the spring game so unless he lost yardage on every reception those stats are off.

Advertisement
I think Lingard shirts.
Physically he's ready. Super gifted.
He currently lacks the vision to play in this offense though. He's not quite seeing things as well as Homer and Dallas are. He's not used to running zone.
He's gonna be an animal once he gets it.

I think Lingard shirts.
He currently lacks the vision to play in this offense though. He's not quite seeing things as well as Homer and Dallas are. He's not used to running zone.

Your opinion is better than mine, I've never coached.
But, personally, I don't see the point in red shirting a talented RB (barring injury). Let him play, even if only 2-3 carries a game, because come year 3 he needs to bolt for the NFL and have the least amount of tread on his tires as possible. Save the redshirting for medical emergencies. No running back should spend 5 years in college.

I think Lingard shirts.

Could you explain that a bit more thoroughly? Vision isn't one of those qualities one develops at 18 or 19 years old. Our offense isn't that unique or complicated.

Plus I can't see RSing a guy like him. I sort of doubt he's going to spend 5 years in college ball.

Advertisement
Could you explain that a bit more thoroughly? Vision isn't one of those qualities one develops at 18 or 19 years old. Our offense isn't that unique or complicated.

Plus I can't see RSing a guy like him. I sort of doubt he's going to spend 5 years in college ball.

It's not that our offense is unique. He played in the Wing-T during high school. We utilize a (mostly) shotgun zone running scheme.

Right now he looks too rushed, too fast, and doesn't show good zone running vision. (cause it's all new to him)
He played in a single-gap "hit it downhill" offense. The steps, footwork, reads, etc...are completely different. Right now he's not showing patience in his running.

But, personally, I don't see the point in red shirting a talented RB (barring injury). Let him play, even if only 2-3 carries a game, because come year 3 he needs to bolt for the NFL and have the least amount of tread on his tires as possible. Save the redshirting for medical emergencies. No running back should spend 5 years in college.

Yeah you're right.

Sorry is this all three as in miami, fsu and uf?

I cant tell any more because this is a gator owned site with gator reporters. thanks.

Advertisement
2 of the 3 scrimmages were largely situational and not using a full field so you have to take the numbers as is

Adjustment period for lingard but he will be more than fine. Had his most productive scrimmage in the last one with 7 carries 30 rushing yards and a 13 yard reception. He’s progressing

Gotta agree with this. RB is one position you just don't redshirt, because they leave early 9 times out of 10. Him getting 40 carries this year is better than none. There is no difference between him leaving after his redshirt sophomore year and true junior year, except you get SOMETHING from him an exrta year. Barring injury, a complete lack of understanding, or buried on the depth chart, you don't redshirt talented RBs. Get what you can while you can, because they are leaving early.

It's not that our offense is unique. He played in the Wing-T during high school. We utilize a (mostly) shotgun zone running scheme.

Right now he looks too rushed, too fast, and doesn't show good zone running vision. (cause it's all new to him)
He played in a single-gap "hit it downhill" offense. The steps, footwork, reads, etc...are completely different. Right now he's not showing patience in his running.

That's easy enough to fix with understanding and reps. Usually freshmen have the opposite problem--happy feet and dancing in the hole instead of one cut and go. Love Wing-T for high school ball, but as you stated it uses traditional down, double-team and kickout blocking.

Advertisement
Back