Screwball on Netflix

GOCanes4420

Freshman
New doc on Netflix from Billy Corben (The U). Its the story of Tony Bosch and biogenesis. Touches a little on our baseball team (Braun) but never mentions football. Just imagine the field day NCAA would have with that.

Advertisement
I played Khoury League Baseball against Tony Bosch. He was a pretty good First Baseman. Who knew he'd soon become the Poster Boy for yet another of those "Only in Miami" stories that seem to pop up with relentless regularity.

Advertisement
Yet Corben made The U and The U part 2.

Makes you wonder.

Makes you wonder what? That he tells the whole story when he makes a documentary?

Seriously, for a fan base that thumps their chest about how big and tough they are, some of you are the most sensitive little girls in the world. Guess what? A LOT of UM Baseball players took steroids given by Tony Bosch from Biogenesis, which was literally directly across the street. At the time this was going on, a friend of mine was going there and he would tell me there were kids from UM in there ALL THE TIME. They didn't hide anything. None of these dudes did. But Corben is a POS because he included a significant part of the story while being paid to tell the story. Such crybabies.

Advertisement
Makes you wonder what? That he tells the whole story when he makes a documentary?
Those two looked like they were made by a true fan. You wouldn't expect him to be as controversial based on those two films.

Those two looked like they were made by a true fan. You wouldn't expect him to be as controversial based on those two films.

He's not a "fan". He's a filmmaker, Miami lifer, and UM Grad. He's paid to tell stories. He did that very well in The U documentaries. And he did it very well in Screwball. He can't worry about, nor does he care, if people get their panties in a bunch if that story includes UM Baseball players. Which it ABSOLUTELY did. What integrity do you have as a filmmaker if you ignore a significant part of a story because of a personal interest? That's not how the real world works. That's what fanboys do. Not professionals. It's insane to me that this would need to be explained.

He's not a "fan". He's a filmmaker, Miami lifer, and UM Grad. He's paid to tell stories. He did that very well in The U documentaries. And he did it very well in Screwball. He can't worry about, nor does he care, if people get their panties in a bunch if that story includes UM Baseball players. Which it ABSOLUTELY did. What integrity do you have as a filmmaker if you ignore a significant part of a story because of a personal interest? That's not how the real world works. That's what fanboys do. Not professionals. It's insane to me that this would need to be explained.
I fully get that, but when a person has either affection or animosity towards something, that usually reflects in their portrayal of it.

Advertisement
Y’all co-signing a dude that’s putting UM in a negative light. Fuq Billy Corben and his **** riders, this is all the NCAA would need to take another swing at us

Y’all co-signing a dude that’s putting UM in a negative light. Fuq Billy Corben and his **** riders, this is all the NCAA would need to take another swing at us
He's not bringing anything up that wasn't public knowledge already... This story was well reported when it happened... If there was anything that the NCAA was gonna raise their finger about it would have happened a while ago.... Dude made a film, that's all.

Advertisement
I didn't like the shot they took at us at the end about Rodriguez name on the field. I just dont understand why everyone complains the national media hates us when its Miami's own that's the worst to UM.

Agreed, just dumb acting like ARod used drug money to help Miami build a stadium. Dude used PEDs, illegal in his sport yes but not a crime. Dude also works for ESPN now should they fire him for being caught using PEDs as a player? Lol Stupid take by Corben.

Advertisement
Back