SCREEN PASS

marshallrc13

Senior
When's the last time we threw a screen pass to a rb? Seriously, as much as teams blitz us it would be a killer weapon.

Advertisement
I would have thrown at least 10 screen passes to our RBs last night. They would have killed that aggressive defense.

We dropped the ball on a few screen passes last night. our players are looking up field before they catch the ball.

Advertisement
We ran a nice one vs FSU on 3rd down that set up one of our TD drives.

We are a horrible team all the way around.

Screens only work within a rhythmic offense and that's the opposite of what we have going on right now

Team has no identity on offense. At least we know what the defense will do, play aggressive and get after you. We still give up some big plays, that needs to improve, but at least they get after people. The offense is a scattered mess

Screens only work within a rhythmic offense and that's the opposite of what we have going on right now

No, screens work when teams are getting blitzed and the other teams are playing man. I think this happened at least 30 times last night. If they have 3 guys on a dead sprint for our QB that means the screen would/should work like magic!!

Advertisement

Truth.

If we called this magical screen pass that would allegedly fix everything, I would fully expect one of the following to happen:

1. False start
2. A lineman trips and doesn't get out to make his block
3. Kayaa doesn't sell it at all
4. Kayaa throws it in a way that the RB has to make an awkward catch
5. The RB drops it
6. The RB has a lane but chooses a different path right into the defense
7. Holding
8. Someone slams a defender out of bounds 10 yards away from the play

We can whine all we want about play calls, but our drives are being stopped because of that stupid sht on my list. Every play we run can be successful if people just do their jobs, but they're not good enough to do their jobs.

Drag route, effective combo routes, crossers, screens, misdirections - are any of these plays in our playbook?

Advertisement
Drag route, effective combo routes, crossers, screens, misdirections - are any of these plays in our playbook?

Was thinking the same thing. I mean, in 2000 - 2002, granted they were super talented, but we basically ran crossing routes, quick outs to the TEs, and 9 routes. Difference being Dorsey was hardly ever touched. I swear, with these teams pinning their ears back, crossing routes. slants, quick hitches, and screens will be open all day long. Yet, we run dive plays and bubble screens all game long.

Advertisement
Back