Scouting report on Cruz Uceda - JuCo big from Spain

Advertisement
Thanks for the report! Cannot wait to see what kind of team we get next year. Should be very very interesting.

How did I miss this? Early guesses on starting 5? Does Rodriguez start over Manu?

Rodgriguez
McClellan
Reed
Kelly
Jekiri

Or Does Coach L go smaller and have Burnett start over Reed? Or does Cruz Uceda start over Tonye? I know, I know, we have 13 games left this season, but I really think we have a good shot at the NCAAs next year, so I'm pumped for next season.

Advertisement
According to the NJCAA website, Ivan had 20 points and 16 rebounds last night in a 76-71 Harcum win over ASA College (Bishop Daniels' JUCO, FWIW, but he did not play). Based off of the statistics on the Harcum website and the NJCAA website, Ivan now has 562 rebounds over his two seasons - which is a school record, beating the previous record of 557. He now has 274 rebounds on the year, and with tournament games yet to come, has an outside shot at the school's season record of 304. He is averaging 9.8 rebounds per game on the year, down from 10.67 per game last year (also a school record) and set the school single-game record with a 29 rebound performance in December 2013.

On the year, Cruz Uceda is averaging 14.2 points on 63.7 percent shooting from the field, 45.8 percent from three (27-59), and 74.4 percent from the line (58-78). He's also averaging 9.8 rebounds, as stated above, to go along with 2.0 assists, 1.3 blocks, and 1.3 steals per game.

How did I miss this? Early guesses on starting 5? Does Rodriguez start over Manu?

Rodgriguez
McClellan
Reed
Kelly
Jekiri

Or Does Coach L go smaller and have Burnett start over Reed? Or does Cruz Uceda start over Tonye? I know, I know, we have 13 games left this season, but I really think we have a good shot at the NCAAs next year, so I'm pumped for next season.

IMO keep Burnett coming off the bench so we have a legitimate scoring threat off the bench.

According to the NJCAA website, Ivan had 20 points and 16 rebounds last night in a 76-71 Harcum win over ASA College (Bishop Daniels' JUCO, FWIW, but he did not play). Based off of the statistics on the Harcum website and the NJCAA website, Ivan now has 562 rebounds over his two seasons - which is a school record, beating the previous record of 557. He now has 274 rebounds on the year, and with tournament games yet to come, has an outside shot at the school's season record of 304. He is averaging 9.8 rebounds per game on the year, down from 10.67 per game last year (also a school record) and set the school single-game record with a 29 rebound performance in December 2013.

On the year, Cruz Uceda is averaging 14.2 points on 63.7 percent shooting from the field, 45.8 percent from three (27-59), and 74.4 percent from the line (58-78). He's also averaging 9.8 rebounds, as stated above, to go along with 2.0 assists, 1.3 blocks, and 1.3 steals per game.

Good stuff.
Thanks Josh!

Advertisement
Back