Scouting on Denzel

Phydeaux

Senior
The entire linebacker group played well on Tuesday, but the standout was Miami inside linebacker Denzel Perryman. He diagnosed plays quickly against the run in the nine-on-seven period and showed good awareness in zone coverage in the seven-on-seven period. He showed explosive closing power both as a tackler and in taking on blocks, and displayed good range. We like what we've seen from him on tape, as well. He has spent some time in our top 32 this season.

Advertisement
The entire linebacker group played well on Tuesday, but the standout was Miami inside linebacker Denzel Perryman. He diagnosed plays quickly against the run in the nine-on-seven period and showed good awareness in zone coverage in the seven-on-seven period. He showed explosive closing power both as a tackler and in taking on blocks, and displayed good range. We like what we've seen from him on tape, as well. He has spent some time in our top 32 this season.
All that zone coverage and 8 yards off the LOS come into play for DP. We already know what happens when he sees a run. Its down hill from there.

****, Golden dumb.

Denzel is just a pure football player. This has nothing to do with Golden. He's an inside LB whether 4-3 or 3-4 so poster above is an idiot to say Golden is dumb regarding Denzel. I don't like Golden either but the comment above makes absolutely zero sense and reason why the admin has put ear muffs and blinders on. Some fans want him gone so bad they try to put anything and everything on Golden.

Neg me all you want. I want Golden gone but for legit reasons.

Advertisement
****, Golden dumb.

Denzel is just a pure football player. This has nothing to do with Golden. He's an inside LB whether 4-3 or 3-4 so poster above is an idiot to say Golden is dumb regarding Denzel. I don't like Golden either but the comment above makes absolutely zero sense and reason why the admin has put ear muffs and blinders on. Some fans want him gone so bad they try to put anything and everything on Golden.

Shut up....

****, Golden dumb.

That's not the reason at all. Those f'ers have had earmuffs and blinders on for the last 10 years or so. Giving SE the green light to give fat *** 9 years of employment is in part proof of that.

As for DP, you are correct. He is a baller. But he has succeeded in spite of this coaching staff, not because of it.

If he goes late in the first round, it means a GOOD team is getting a great player. Good teams like sure things, and you aren't going to find more of a sure thing than DP late in the first round. He's going to come in and make a difference from day 1.

Advertisement
****, Golden dumb.

actually wouldn't surprise me to see him drom 10lbs down to 230 and play weakside in a 4-3. remember he was only moved to MLB due to misses at the MLB spot. Just like people are speculating that Raphael Kirby makes the same transition next season

If he stays healthy, he is instant impact. A team that is a contender will get a great piece to their LB corp.

Advertisement
Didn't he measure in at under 6'?

That'll hurt him come draft time unfortunately.

Denzel Perryman is Zach Thomas

they are the same **** player. I've said it for a long time but yall wanna say he's Ray Lewis or Jon Vilma

Thats a black Zach Thomas if I've ever seen one. And ZT was a BAAAAAAAAADDDDDD Dude

NFL teams shy away from under 6'0 tall linebackers as top 10 picks. I wouldn't though, I think Denzel is as legit as any other linebacker prospect this year.

Advertisement
Kid is a heat seeking missle in run defense. He might kill someone on specials as a rookie if he isn't an immediate starter at LB.

If he goes late in the first round, it means a GOOD team is getting a great player. Good teams like sure things, and you aren't going to find more of a sure thing than DP late in the first round. He's going to come in and make a difference from day 1.

If the patriots get him, I hope they deflate him first so Denzel regains his quickness

Didn't he measure in at under 6'?

That'll hurt him come draft time unfortunately.

Denzel Perryman is Zach Thomas

they are the same **** player. I've said it for a long time but yall wanna say he's Ray Lewis or Jon Vilma

Thats a black Zach Thomas if I've ever seen one. And ZT was a BAAAAAAAAADDDDDD Dude

He's a little taller than Thomas, probably, but only because he has a neck.

Advertisement
Back