NBA Scottie Pippen renting out Chicago mansion on AirBNB for $92 a night

Garnacho

Senior
9546ef3d-f4ef-4b88-9fa4-a3b552f7a618.jpeg

ef61b354-0e0e-40c0-a230-21f6a8feb5b6.jpeg

All about Scottie’s place​

In honor of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, I’m inviting basketball fans to my Chicago home to relive one of my career highlights - competing at the Olympic Games Barcelona 1992. I’m excited for you to cheer on the next generation of Olympians from my home court!

Booking opens at 1 p.m. EDT on Thursday, July 22 for three stays on August 2, August 4 and August 6.

*These one-night stays are not a contest. Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Chicago.
The space
When you enter my home, you’ll step into sport history - finding Olympic Games memorabilia from my time as a U.S. Olympian, plus items from Team USA’s 2020 Medal Stand Collection that you can take home with you! During your overnight stay, you and up to three guests have the opportunity to watch the magic of the Olympic Games basketball competitions on NBCUniversal’s broadcast networks and streaming services from my home theater, and channel your inner athlete on my indoor basketball court.

This stay will bring the spirit of the Olympic Games to life with highlights including:
-A virtual greeting upon check-in from me.
-Access to the home’s indoor basketball court, where you and your fellow guests can enjoy a friendly game of one-on-one or a round of HORSE.
-The opportunity to lounge in my personal movie theater and watch the Olympic Games on NBCUniversal’s broadcast networks and streaming services during the days of the stays, including men’s and women’s basketball. Plus, guests can watch footage of the team’s historic 1992 run in Barcelona.
-A chance to relax outdoors by the pool, complete with an outdoor television so you don’t miss a moment of the Olympic Games - even while swimming. It’s one of my favorite things to do, other than play hoops.
-You can also hold a mini competition of your own in the arcade room, or take a breather after hitting the court in the indoor sauna.
-Fuel up with some of my preferred pre-game foods, including fresh fruits and veggies, or my usual dinner before a big game - steak, a baked potato and asparagus.
-Exclusive access to view Olympic Games memorabilia, including items from Team USA’s 2020 Medal Stand Collection that guests can take home with them.

Whether you want to cheer on Team USA this year or steep yourself in the nostalgia of our historic 1992 run in Barcelona, get ready for a one-of-a-kind experience commemorating the long-awaited return of the Olympic Games.

Airbnb is proud to be a Worldwide Olympic and Paralympic Partner, celebrating the athletic achievements of both past, current and future athletes. In recognition of Team USA’s commitment to supporting athletes both on and off the field of play, Airbnb will make a one-time donation to the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Foundation, which generates critical financial resources that help Team USA athletes reach their full potential.

Anyone here in Chicago???? @Rellyrell ?

Advertisement
9546ef3d-f4ef-4b88-9fa4-a3b552f7a618.jpeg

ef61b354-0e0e-40c0-a230-21f6a8feb5b6.jpeg

All about Scottie’s place​

In honor of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, I’m inviting basketball fans to my Chicago home to relive one of my career highlights - competing at the Olympic Games Barcelona 1992. I’m excited for you to cheer on the next generation of Olympians from my home court!

Booking opens at 1 p.m. EDT on Thursday, July 22 for three stays on August 2, August 4 and August 6.

*These one-night stays are not a contest. Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Chicago.
The space
When you enter my home, you’ll step into sport history - finding Olympic Games memorabilia from my time as a U.S. Olympian, plus items from Team USA’s 2020 Medal Stand Collection that you can take home with you! During your overnight stay, you and up to three guests have the opportunity to watch the magic of the Olympic Games basketball competitions on NBCUniversal’s broadcast networks and streaming services from my home theater, and channel your inner athlete on my indoor basketball court.

This stay will bring the spirit of the Olympic Games to life with highlights including:
-A virtual greeting upon check-in from me.
-Access to the home’s indoor basketball court, where you and your fellow guests can enjoy a friendly game of one-on-one or a round of HORSE.
-The opportunity to lounge in my personal movie theater and watch the Olympic Games on NBCUniversal’s broadcast networks and streaming services during the days of the stays, including men’s and women’s basketball. Plus, guests can watch footage of the team’s historic 1992 run in Barcelona.
-A chance to relax outdoors by the pool, complete with an outdoor television so you don’t miss a moment of the Olympic Games - even while swimming. It’s one of my favorite things to do, other than play hoops.
-You can also hold a mini competition of your own in the arcade room, or take a breather after hitting the court in the indoor sauna.
-Fuel up with some of my preferred pre-game foods, including fresh fruits and veggies, or my usual dinner before a big game - steak, a baked potato and asparagus.
-Exclusive access to view Olympic Games memorabilia, including items from Team USA’s 2020 Medal Stand Collection that guests can take home with them.

Whether you want to cheer on Team USA this year or steep yourself in the nostalgia of our historic 1992 run in Barcelona, get ready for a one-of-a-kind experience commemorating the long-awaited return of the Olympic Games.

Airbnb is proud to be a Worldwide Olympic and Paralympic Partner, celebrating the athletic achievements of both past, current and future athletes. In recognition of Team USA’s commitment to supporting athletes both on and off the field of play, Airbnb will make a one-time donation to the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Foundation, which generates critical financial resources that help Team USA athletes reach their full potential.

Anyone here in Chicago???? @Rellyrell ?

Not in The Chi anymore; but I’m through w/ Scottie, man. His rant about MJ & Phil was way out of line & in his feelings. Contradictory to his original statements.

Oh, ****. I guess I missed that. Don’t think I even want to know

U don’t bro; Scottie is my frat, and I’ve met him on 2 occasions. He’s not the same man. I think part of it is the embarrassment of how his marriage ended & how his ex wife is constantly getting smashed by younger guys, guys the age of their kids. Smh. I think The Last Dance Doc may have broke him; that rant was waaaaaaay off color.

Advertisement
I didn’t know about his wife either. Whole thing sounds sad. I guess he didn’t look particularly great in The Last Dance. Worst contract ever, the migraine game, the back game, the not going back in the game, the hold out that made MJ carry the team. ****.

Not in The Chi anymore; but I’m through w/ Scottie, man. His rant about MJ & Phil was way out of line & in his feelings. Contradictory to his original statements.

IDK if drawing a play for Kukoc had any racial intent, but Phil has made some comments in the past that either toed the line, or were outright racist, including the King James posse comments.

IDK if drawing a play for Kukoc had any racial intent, but Phil has made some comments in the past that either toed the line, or were outright racist, including the King James posse comments.

****; I must be a racist too, b/c on soul, during “The Decision” moment, I said he’s not going to choose Chicago b/c we ain’t catering to his posse. Lol.

I guess he didn't get the job at Cheesy Charlie's.

Advertisement
I guess he didn't get the job at Cheesy Charlie's.

Not that I am missing the joke, but this is obviously a creative marketing initiative with AirBnB (and I suspect NBCUniversal as well by the language). He's probably getting millions.

Never Tippin' Pippen.
Ha!
Well since you brought it up when the Bulls used to stay in the Grove at the Mayfair, they would sometimes go eat next door at this place called Tu Tu Tangos on the 2nd floor of Cocowalk (there was a Hooters directly above it). Actually randomly met Steve Kerr there when the Bulls were in town - super nice guy.

Anyway a bunch of them came in while i was there one time and I remember a couple of the waitresses saying they didn't want to serve Pippen because he never tips.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ha!
Well since you brought it up when the Bulls used to stay in the Grove at the Mayfair, they would sometimes go eat next door at this place called Tu Tu Tangos on the 2nd floor of Cocowalk (there was a Hooters directly above it). Actually randomly met Steve Kerr there when the Bulls were in town - super nice guy.

Anyway a bunch of them came in while i was there one time and I remember a couple of the waitresses saying they didn't want to serve Pippen because he never tips.
I know he's broke now, but not taking care of servers when you're rich is inexcusable.

Ha!

NOBODY from Arkansas tips

The only tip they have for anyone is ......stay out of Arkansas

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back