Scott Satterfield to Louisville

Advertisement
The funny thing is that a Miami assistant coach is a candidate for the app state job and it’s......Searels 😂...true story

Please let one get it and take rest of. Staff with him or — I’m assumming mark’s wife could be in the running too🙏🏻

Advertisement
The funny thing is that a Miami assistant coach is a candidate for the app state job and it’s......Searels 😂...true story

That article stating that he's a "candidate" is 100% conjecture.

Whoever wrote that basically found 10 coaches with ties to App and said they were candidates. Clickbait at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
That article stating that he's a "candidate" is 100% conjecture.

Whoever wrote that basically found 10 coaches with ties to App and said they were candidates. Clickbait at best.

Not sure what article you read but I live less than an hour from Boone and his name was in the newspaper, they didn’t make it sound like he’s a leading candidate or anything but evidently he has ties to the school 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Not sure what article you read but I live less than an hour from Boone and his name was in the newspaper, they didn’t make it sound like he’s a leading candidate or anything but evidently he has ties to the school 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm an App alum. Not sure what your proximity to the school nets you in the era of the internet, but there was a baseless editorial in the Winston Salem Journal with 10 potential candidates. Painfully obvious clickbait as each "potential candidate" was chosen solely based on their ties to App and nothing else.

Any one of those candidates would be a huge downgrade (with the possible exception of the current DC) and I highly doubt Doug Gillin will be scraping the bottom of the barrel for a guy like Searles. Unlike Blake James, Gillin seems to know what he's doing...or so I hope 😬

I'm an App alum. Not sure what your proximity to the school nets you in the era of the internet, but there was a baseless editorial in the Winston Salem Journal with 10 potential candidates. Painfully obvious clickbait as each "potential candidate" was chosen solely based on their ties to App and nothing else.

Any one of those candidates would be a huge downgrade (with the possible exception of the current DC) and I highly doubt Doug Gillin will be scraping the bottom of the barrel for a guy like Searles. Unlike Blake James, Gillin seems to know what he's doing...or so I hope 😬

That article was pretty much the same thing I seen actually, I think Rich Rod would be a great hire for them if he’s still wanting to coach.

That article was pretty much the same thing I seen actually, I think Rich Rod would be a great hire for them if he’s still wanting to coach.

Actually not the worst idea. Fortunately App has brand recognition these days, so they can go get a real coach if they want to. Kinda holding my breath...as a Cane fan as well, we all know what one bad hire can do to your program.

Actually not the worst idea. Fortunately App has brand recognition these days, so they can go get a real coach if they want to. Kinda holding my breath...as a Cane fan as well, we all know what one bad hire can do to your program.

They’ll be fine, they know what they’re doing there in the athletic department. I’ll also say that they provided the best college visit that I’ve ever been on, I ended up going to ETSU but App is probably the most student friendly university I’ve ever seen.

Advertisement
They’ll be fine, they know what they’re doing there in the athletic department. I’ll also say that they provided the best college visit that I’ve ever been on, I ended up going to ETSU but App is probably the most student friendly university I’ve ever seen.

Agreed. Even when I was there, the freshman retention rate was up there nationally. They do a great job.

Advertisement
Back