Scoop on the U - J. Beason & Brandon Merriweather....

Advertisement
Thought I would share this with the board, I think you guys would enjoy this a lot Jon and Brandon talk about all kinds of things from the canes and their time playing for Miami also their pro careers, talk about the upcoming season the new coaches and quite a few other things as well I loved every second of it these guys are great dudes y'all should check it out.

Its crazy that Beason story similar in terms of fandom, NCAA the game UM was ranked number 2 and thats when it started for me. The same exact thing

one of the most underrated Canes of all-time. Great special teams player, and an All-American safety in 94...
Had a nice pick vs FSU in 94 if I'm not mistaken. The secondary really tortured Kanell in that game. Richardson, Pearson and of course Carlos Jones all picked him off in that game. I remember watching that game. I was at an Alehouse on Kirkman in Orlando with a bunch of friends and one of my buddies says to me....'Bro, you do realize you're yelling at a TV right?" I was so pumped up for that. Wish I had been at the OB. When Jones got his pick 6 I thought the roof was going to come down and that was just from the Cane contingent in the place. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like standing in the OB fr that. Especially if you were in the closed end zone where it happened. I bet there were some ruptured eardrums.

Advertisement
Had a nice pick vs FSU in 94 if I'm not mistaken. The secondary really tortured Kanell in that game. Richardson, Pearson and of course Carlos Jones all picked him off in that game. I remember watching that game. I was at an Alehouse on Kirkman in Orlando with a bunch of friends and one of my buddies says to me....'Bro, you do realize you're yelling at a TV right?" I was so pumped up for that. Wish I had been at the OB. When Jones got his pick 6 I thought the roof was going to come down and that was just from the Cane contingent in the place. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like standing in the OB fr that. Especially if you were in the closed end zone where it happened. I bet there were some ruptured eardrums.

that pick from CJ came with FSU up 14-7 in the second quarter, and they were driving. And UM's defense was gassed. Seriously, I remember thinking if they score here, Miami is cooked. It just felt that way

Then Kanell throws it to Richardson, who had a nice long return. Miami ties it up, and the whole momentum of the game swung as the crowd energized the team. That game literally swung on one play...

that pick from CJ came with FSU up 14-7 in the second quarter, and they were driving. And UM's defense was gassed. Seriously, I remember thinking if they score here, Miami is cooked. It just felt that way

Then Kanell throws it to Richardson, who had a nice long return. Miami ties it up, and the whole momentum of the game swung as the crowd energized the team. That game literally swung on one play...
Yes! I remember it clearly and I was thinking the exact same thing. I just wasn't sure if it was CJ or X with that pick. I remember right after the play I looked at my buddies and said " That was huge! Great memories.

Random question but do you remember our starting OL that game? Was Zev Lumelski and J "The Pylon"Ina on that line? I know Carlos Callejas was at RG I believe. Ricky Perry at LT? K C. Jones at C and I believe the late Robert Woodus(RIP) was on that squad? Was Kerlin Blaise our LT?

Random question but do you remember our starting OL that game? Was Zev Lumelski and J "The Pylon"Ina on that line? I know Carlos Callejas was at RG I believe. Ricky Perry at LT? K C. Jones at C and I believe the late Robert Woodus(RIP) was on that squad? Was Kerlin Blaise our LT?

I dont think J Ina or Blaise played till about 95 or so. Woodus never really played all that much, I do think Perry was our LT that game

Its alarming how bad our Oline recruitng and development became after Jimmy's recruits left, and Tony Wise (one of the great coaches in UM history) left the program

Advertisement
I dont think J Ina or Blaise played till about 95 or so. Woodus never really played all that much, I do think Perry was our LT that game

Its alarming how bad our Oline recruitng and development became after Jimmy's recruits left, and Tony Wise (one of the great coaches in UM history) left the program
Agreed. That was a huge Achilles Heel for Pink. He ran that wide open(for back then) one back offense which really exposed our QBs but his OL was always bad. To this day I still wonder how Gino Torretta made it through the 91&92 seasons in one piece. Incredible actually. His TD pass to Lamar Thomas in 92 was under tremendous pressure and it was one of my favorite clutch throws ever.

I was in the closed End zone when it happened...Loudest Moment I ever heard in the OB....and I've heard alot of Loud moments there....but none touched when Los crossed the Goal line......Thought CJ was gonna house his Int.

Agreed. That was a huge Achilles Heel for Pink. He ran that wide open(for back then) one back offense which really exposed our QBs but his OL was always bad. To this day I still wonder how Gino Torretta made it through the 91&92 seasons in one piece. Incredible actually. His TD pass to Lamar Thomas in 92 was under tremendous pressure and it was one of my favorite clutch throws ever.
He was HAMMERED on that play....

Advertisement
Back