Off-Topic Science or the lack thereof

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm judging those people harshly in my head... especially if they're about 5'10" but look like they're coming up on 3 bills.
Well, people do wonder why Covid hit so hard and a lot of it has to do with personal decisions. I know weight is difficult for a lot of people ... cause I struggle with it sometimes and then get ****ed at myself and diet and lose the 20-25 pounds that I put on between summer and New Year's (due to football and the holidays of course). I know it's more difficult for people to get into the mindset to do that and losing weight is TOUGH and hard work!

But I do question the reasoning for a diet coke along with thousands of calories in food. I mean, it is better than 100-500 more calories (depending on the size of the drink)... but still!

Well, people do wonder why Covid hit so hard and a lot of it has to do with personal decisions. I know weight is difficult for a lot of people ... cause I struggle with it sometimes and then get ****ed at myself and diet and lose the 20-25 pounds that I put on between summer and New Year's (due to football and the holidays of course). I know it's more difficult for people to get into the mindset to do that and losing weight is TOUGH and hard work!

But I do question the reasoning for a diet coke along with thousands of calories in food. I mean, it is better than 100-500 more calories (depending on the size of the drink)... but still!

I can only speak for myself, but I have now gotten used to the taste of Diet Coke, and find Regular Coke to sweet for me.

In general though, I rarely have fast food anymore, so a Diet Coke is a now a treat.

Anecdotally, I have also noticed that people around me who smoke cigarettes tends to prefer Diet Coke over Regular Coke as a matter of taste. Just a personal observation.

Advertisement
Anecdotally, I have also noticed that people around me who smoke cigarettes tends to prefer Diet Coke over Regular Coke as a matter of taste. Just a personal observation.
As a matter of taste? I thought it was because the “Diet” Coke cancels out the harmful effects of the cigarettes.

I can only speak for myself, but I have now gotten used to the taste of Diet Coke, and find Regular Coke to sweet for me.

In general though, I rarely have fast food anymore, so a Diet Coke is a now a treat.
I hear ya. I used to drink soda all the time when I was younger, but I gained all this weight with my first job (just sitting in front of a computer, it's easy to do!). So I cut out soda and exercised a bit and lost like 30 lbs. Nowadays I still rarely drink soda by itself. In the evenings however, I mix Seagrams 7 with 7-Up Zero (essentially diet) for the same reason... the alcohol is already sweet enough that I just need the zero cal 7-up. It's an easy and tasty (to me) drink and I don't get the calories that I would with beer.

Advertisement
I hear ya. I used to drink soda all the time when I was younger, but I gained all this weight with my first job (just sitting in front of a computer, it's easy to do!). So I cut out soda and exercised a bit and lost like 30 lbs. Nowadays I still rarely drink soda by itself. In the evenings however, I mix Seagrams 7 with 7-Up Zero (essentially diet) for the same reason... the alcohol is already sweet enough that I just need the zero cal 7-up. It's an easy and tasty (to me) drink and I don't get the calories that I would with beer.
Try diet beer. 2.6 carbs is also keto friendly. Amirite, @Mklein13?

1666113606189.png

I cut all soda from my diet just over 6 years ago and haven't looked back. Cold turkey one day to the next. We had sodas at the office and I'd easily drink two a day without even thinking about. No bueno. That change alone had me drop 5 pounds in about 2 months and my stomach generally much happier with me. Now I won't even drink a Cuba libre or any other mixed drink with soda (because that addiction is real).

I cut all soda from my diet just over 6 years ago and haven't looked back. Cold turkey one day to the next. We had sodas at the office and I'd easily drink two a day without even thinking about. No bueno. That change alone had me drop 5 pounds in about 2 months and my stomach generally much happier with me. Now I won't even drink a Cuba libre or any other mixed drink with soda (because that addiction is real).
Good man. Yea I cut pop out years ago like when I was in college. Probably could count on one hand the cans of pop I drink in a year now.

Advertisement
Try diet beer. 2.6 carbs is also keto friendly. Amirite, @Mklein13?

View attachment 211651
That's my wife's drink of choice!

But when I drink beer, I want stuff that isn't watered down. Burton Baton (by Dogfish Head) was one of my favs. I just can't drink beer often like some peeps... so that's why I go with the "weak guy" and "poor mans" 7 & 7 drink!

That's my wife's drink of choice!

But when I drink beer, I want stuff that isn't watered down. Burton Baton (by Dogfish Head) was one of my favs. I just can't drink beer often like some peeps... so that's why I go with the "weak guy" and "poor mans" 7 & 7 drink!
Hey man don’t call me a woman lol. Nah jk I like it cuz it’s easy to get down and low on the calories and carbs. The best of both worlds.

Advertisement
Hmm, is there is a pattern of pharmacuetical malpractice forming here? Psh. Who are we kidding - the norm.

Hey man don’t call me a woman lol. Nah jk I like it cuz it’s easy to get down and low on the calories and carbs. The best of both worlds.
No actually it's the opposite. Anytime I say I drink 7 & 7... I get the look like... isn't that a chica drink! LOL

Mich Ultra, I wouldn't consider a girly drink. My wife drinks it for the same reason... low cal and easy to drink. She used to drink a lower cal boxed wine, but eventually it was giving her headaches or started to not taste good, so she switched to Mich Ultra

I have no shame... that stuff tastes good the way i mix it and i can drink it every night... which I need after dealing with the kiddos! I need that down time from work and kids ya know!

Advertisement
Back