Schwartz challanges Hill

JT4 was not in the same class. JT4 was 17, Moore was 2018. What the poster is saying is because we took Mike Harley in 2017, alongside jt4, the coaches did not want to take another small WR in 2018 (which obviously backfired). Stating that fan outcry contributed to Harley's late offer
Didn't we have room for one more? They should of worked harder at the evals kid was killing it at all the camps I saw. Never understood it but kind of was ok cause everyone and there moms though Pope and Wiggins were legit.
Personally, I had questions about Wiggins but not Pope as a college WR. We took 4 WRs in 2018, we passed on Moore in the spring, summer, and fall of 2017.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought we did, I know JT4 was in that same class, maybe they thought too many small speed guys and wanted more variance?

Regardless, I never like the revisionist history, Moore put on clinics at Ole Miss, however, had he come here, does anyone have confidence in our offense the last 4/5 years where he would have put up numbers? I imagine his numbers would have been similar to JT4 had he come with Malik, Kosi, and Williams throwing to him with an Enos/Richt playbook. He is not putting up Lane Kiffen #s
Moore excelled without Kiffin though. In 2019, Moore caught 60+ balls for 850 yards with two different quarterbacks. The next best WR caught 13.

If he would've came here and had the same stats, y'all would've been saying we wasted his speed and career. So with that being said, Auburn wasted his speed and career!!

Moore excelled without Kiffin though. In 2019, Moore caught 60+ balls for 850 yards with two different quarterbacks. The next best WR caught 13.

True. But he at least got 60 PLUS targets if he caught 60 balls, Our guys barely get those targets, and we had much worse QB play. They had Corral that year who was a very high recruit albeit a bit of a head case, we had Williams and Enos running our 2019 show.

Also what site are you looking at for stats? It seems crazy that your #1 WR has 60 catches and the next closest is 13? Not calling you a liar but just seems odd. I saw Jerrion Ealy had 20 catches that year in 2019 as well which is why I am asking.

JT4 was not in the same class. JT4 was 17, Moore was 2018. What the poster is saying is because we took Mike Harley in 2017, alongside jt4, the coaches did not want to take another small WR in 2018 (which obviously backfired). Stating that fan outcry contributed to Harley's late offer

Personally, I had questions about Wiggins but not Pope as a college WR. We took 4 WRs in 2018, we passed on Moore in the spring, summer, and fall of 2017.
Feels like to me Pope was a camp warrior. Still don't understand how bama was after him hard or they made it seem that way. When we hired cooney it locked up Pope it was just a bad idea. Was so rooting for Pope but he's to tiny

Advertisement
LSU, Bama, USC, Clemson, and OSU laugh at that slop.

Difference is....these guys were in OUR backyard, not these teams u mentioned. Difference is, WE discussed these guys to ad nauseam on here, wondering why they weren’t being pursued....the arm chair coaches.

With that type of speed the kid should have been an All-American at Auburn. 6 touchdowns total in 2019 and 2020. That being said Dugans is a Nole and a moron. Yes, I just insulted morons.

There are 54 receivers with more yards than Schwartz. People fall in love with speed. Yes, Pope sucks but we really didn't miss anything with Schwartz. Everyone would be complaining about him if he was here.
Three words: Patrick Nix's son

People still talking about lack of pursuit. You can't pursue someone who doesn't want to be pursued and takes their name out of consideration like Schwartz did. We had zero chance and I already said why.

Advertisement
Back