Schwartz Center to be re-named, according to sources at UM

rok

Great Poster
Schwartz Country Club
Located on the north side of the Hecht Athletic Country Club, the new Country Club for Athletic Mediocrity is an iconic two level, 30,000 square-foot multipurpose athletics facility that serves as the focal point to enhance the complete experience of all of our 400-plus student-athletes. While the first floor is equipped with memorabilia of our five-time national champion football program, ACC basketball regular season and tournament championship trophies, and other sport accomplishments, the facility stands for the three main components that are aligned with our mission to be the premiere program in intercollegiate athletics:

1. Enhanced Football Facilities
2. Student-Athlete Academics
3. Student-Athlete Wellness

Made possible through the generosity of a lead gift of $5 million from Theodore G. Schwartz & Todd G. Schwartz, the Schwartz Country Club for Athletic Mediocrity opened its doors on October 4, 2013. The stunning 34,000 square-foot facility includes a new football players’ lounge, a stylish and modern locker room, a 100+ seat auditorium, student-athlete academic center, academic and compliance offices, and a Gallery of Champions which showcases the proud championship tradition of Hurricane Athletics. In addition to becoming the focal point of the Hurricane athletic complex, the Schwartz Country Club connects to the Hecht Athletic Country Club which features a newly expanded and state-of-the-art athletic training room, rehabilitation rooms and a communications/marketing office suite. In January 2015, the Schwartz Country Club was officially recognized as a LEED Gold certified building. The Hurricanes are proud to call the Schwartz Country Club home.

Advertisement
That Schwartz center is a joke imo. I go there a few times a year. It’s amazing how shty of a job a school can do to display 5 national championships.
They got trophies rusting In there. That place should be a **** shrine!!! Instead it’s as if they just have awards and trophies chillin in some cabinet. They should have a room dedicated to each natty. A ring case, screens with highlights of each championship game. A room showing all the pro bowlers and hof dudes with theirs highlights and super bowl wins.
These kids don’t remember or may not even know any of that. One of beings old folks don’t understand is how little history kids now a days don’t know. I guarantee there are players in high school who probably don’t even think we ever one anything. It’s puzzling to me every time I walk in there.

That Schwartz center is a joke imo. I go there a few times a year. It’s amazing how shty of a job a school can do to display 5 national championships.
They got trophies rusting In there. That place should be a **** shrine!!! Instead it’s as if they just have awards and trophies chillin in some cabinet. They should have a room dedicated to each natty. A ring case, screens with highlights of each championship game. A room showing all the pro bowlers and hof dudes with theirs highlights and super bowl wins.
These kids don’t remember or may not even know any of that. One of beings old folks don’t understand is how little history kids now a days don’t know. I guarantee there are players in high school who probably don’t even think we ever one anything. It’s puzzling to me every time I walk in there.

That would be too much "toxic masculinity" also full of "micro aggressions" for our SJW administration

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back