Scholarship Distribution

Can someone explain to me why their is a huge discrepancy in scholarships for this past year? And why Miami did not take advantage of this if there was a loophole? I only found this on 2 4 7 sports, so it may not be accurate. But if you see below Miami had 89 players on scholarship. I looked at just a couple of other teams, like Alabama (106) and Oregon (114).

Am I missing something? Or is this just wrong?

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why their is a huge discrepancy in scholarships for this past year? And why Miami did not take advantage of this if there was a loophole? I only found this on 2 4 7 sports, so it may not be accurate. But if you see below Miami had 89 players on scholarship. I looked at just a couple of other teams, like Alabama (106) and Oregon (114).

So you created your account today, and you suddenly have a ton of questions on this issue?

I'll make this simple. Before COVID and the COVID rule changes, we had 9 returning seniors. On top of that, there are things called "IC rules" and "you can only exceed 85 for one year". And don't even get me started on how easy (and cheap) it is for STATE schools to have walk-ons on their rosters.

Did you ACTUALLY see a link that said Oregon had 114 RECRUITED SCHOLARSHIP players, or was it just ROSTER players? Did it include walk-ons? You are missing the differences between apples and oranges.

Here's a hint, if you see a guy with ZERO stars on a P5 roster, you can bet your bottom dollar that he's a walk-on (even if he was eventually given a one-year non-renewable scholarship). And 2-stars who are not kickers or punters or long snappers? Usually Preferred Walk-Ons.

So, yeah, Alabama and Oregon were just KILLING us, because, the rules...and Miami laziness...

Last edited:
So you just created your account today, and you suddenly have a ton of outrage?

I'll make this simple. Before COVID and the COVID rule changes, we had 9 returning seniors. On top of that, there are little things called "IC rules" and "you can only exceed 85 for one year". And don't even get me started on how easy it is for STATE schools to have walk-ons on their rosters.

Did you ACTUALLY see a link that said Oregon had 114 SCHOLARSHIP players, or was it just ROSTER players? Did it include walk-ons? Clearly, you don't understand the differences between apples and oranges.

Oh, and here's a hint, if you see a guy with ZERO stars on a P5 roster, you can bet your bottom dollar that he's a walk-on (even if he was eventually given a one-year non-renewable scholarship).

So, yeah, Alabama and Oregon were just KILLING us, because, the rules...and Miami laziness...
Wow you sound like a real ****

Advertisement
Is it possible that he was alive and wondering about this issue before he made an account?

Wait, so you created a second account to get into fights with people while you try to defend your other account? Or maybe WanderFranco is your first account?

All these alt accounts are sooooo confusing...

Wait, so you created a second account to get into fights with people while you try to defend your other account? Or maybe WanderFranco is your first account?

All these alt accounts are sooooo confusing...

I'm just saying, the guy had a legitimate question. Weird thing to pounce on. Only one person here appears to be fighting.

I'm just saying, the guy had a legitimate question. Weird thing to pounce on. Only one person here appears to be fighting.

It's not a legitimate question at all. It's a question that has been asked-and-answered a million times on the board already.

The weird thing is you creating a new account (because you were obviously banned previously) in order for you to continue fights that you clearly lost under your old name.

It's not a legitimate question at all. It's a question that has been asked-and-answered a million times on the board already.

The weird thing is you creating a new account (because you were obviously banned previously) in order for you to continue fights that you clearly lost under your old name.

LOL, no one is fighting. Well, almost no one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You don't have to be a jerk when answering a question. Not every question is going to be good or one that hasn't already been answered.

My very first question to him had to do with his being fired up about something inaccurate on Post 1.

Feel free to go to the link. It clearly lists recruits as well as roster players. If you go to the Oregon list, they list both Gracen Halton (who has not even enrolled) and Kayvon Thibodeaux, who will be in the NFL shortly.

If you have less sarcasm in your responses, that's fine, but I tend to use more of it.

Also, please note, Givemhill didn't complain. A bunch of randos did, though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jesus Eating GIF

My very first question to him had to do with his being fired up about something inaccurate on Post 1.

Feel free to go to the link. It clearly lists recruits as well as roster players. If you go to the Oregon list, they list both Gracen Halton (who has not even enrolled) and Kayvon Thibodeaux, who will be in the NFL shortly.

If you have less sarcasm in your responses, that's fine, but I tend to use more of it.

Also, please note, Givemhill didn't complain. A bunch of randos did, though.
Givenhill hasn't been back online since making that post.

Look at all those scholarships for FSU! Wow!

Advertisement
Back