Schiano?

Advertisement
I would think so since he's simply sitting at home going to seminars and not working. I saw an ESPN special on him a couple months ago. Seemed like he desperately wanted to get back into coaching. Hopefully if so, he figured out what gave all his Bucs players Staph, and prevents that crap here.

If we go HCIW route. If Butchs plan is to bring in a staff that can take over when he retires, then I could definitely see Schiano as our DC. And I'd be very happy w it.

If we go HCIW route. If Butchs plan is to bring in a staff that can take over when he retires, then I could definitely see Schiano as our DC. And I'd be very happy w it.
Yes, this is the way to go if HCIW is in the cards, although I'm not a HCIW fan

Advertisement
Am I the only one on here who doesn't want any retread coaches? Butch is the only retread coach I like, the rest can gtfo. Bring in new talent/blood for coordinators.

Advertisement
It' possible.

He is very tight with Butch.

agree with this. He also lives in Tampa, so he may want to stick around in Florida. If he is given more of a role than just DC with possible intentions to take over when Butch retires, I can see this scenario.

If he isn't in line for a HC job in college (and if he gets no calls about NFL positions), I could see him returning.

I wouldn't mind this scenario at all. We would have a very good defense with Butch as the HC and Schiano as the DC - then, the rest of the coaches on defense could be young and aggressive and we'd still have enough net coaching experience on the defense. A nice situation, I think....

Would be come on board as a D Coordinator under Butch as HC?

Advertisement
Everyone that is saying yes or even maybe has no clue..

The guy was a "successful".. somewhat.. college coach already and coached in the NFL. He's not going to be a DC in college. NFL, maybe.

But he's going to get a HC job if he wants to coach at all in college.

I hate our fan base. Anyone who thinks Schiano would come here as a DC is clueless and naive.

Head Coach - Butch
Defensive Coordinator - Schiano
CO-Defensive Coordinator/LB Coach - Randy Shannon
Secondary Coach - Ed Reed

Strength and Conditioning Coaches
Swasey - Speed and endurance
Mofit - Strenght

Last edited:
Advertisement
This would be a perfect situation for young coaches on the defensive side of the ball, like Reed.

Butch (and Schiano if he's not picked up anywhere) have a lot of experience on that side of the ball.

A great situation for any young defensive coach....

Head Coach - Butch
Defensive Coordinator - Schiano
CO-Defensive Coordinator/LB Coach - Randy Shannon
Secondary Coach - Ed Reed

What is crazy is that this could happened

I hate our fan base. Anyone who thinks Schiano would come here as a DC is clueless and naive.

Dude hasn't coached in 2 years or been in football in any capacity for that matter. I am certain he would rather be the head guy somewhere but if that doesn't work out I can certainly see him taking a job here with the title of "Defensive Coordinator/ Associate Head coach". I don't think that's too far fetched. Guys in the NFL and college do it all the time.

Advertisement
Back