Schiano to Rutgers

Advertisement
Advertisement
If they brought back Schiano, can we get Richt to unretire? I hope there is a clause that says if Richt comes back his replacement is automatically fired.
Wonder if he can get Jon RIcht to leave his current gig to come be OC or something..

d0cbec47f96ea188fdab8805dba59daf.jpg

Advertisement
I'm not sure Rutgers had much choice to cave in. Desperate times...

They finished the season rated at least a touchdown worse than any other Power 5 team

Oh snap...I heard he wanted some things and they said no...so it fell through...
Guess they thought again and said yes lol.
Honestly...he was excellent there and had them relevant and produced NFL players. And the original time he was there...that was the worst program in college and he made them into a top 25 program.

Pretty sure back then Rutgers had promotional billboards in the south Florida area.
I thought he got screwed by Tennessee and maybe he had some baggage too (don’t recall?), but good for him.
If Mack Brown can do his thing at UNC, Maybe he will too at Rutgers.

Pretty sure back then Rutgers had promotional billboards in the south Florida area.
I thought he got screwed by Tennessee and maybe he had some baggage too (don’t recall?), but good for him.
If Mack Brown can do his thing at UNC, Maybe he will too at Rutgers.
You are correct about the billboards...he also had a weekly tv show that could be seen down here and it helped his recruiting big time. What ****ed me off was that he even got radio time because stupid *** stations that should be covering just South Fl schools allowed it....
Fvckin simps

Advertisement
Advertisement
When I was young growing up in NJ (many years ago) Rutgers had a very good football team lead by a very good coach. They didn't play P5 but stayed regional with games against Princeton, Cornell, Lehigh, etc. The worst thing that happened to them was making the jump into the Big East. They never got anywhere in the league with the likes of Miami, VT, WV, BC, Pitt, etc.

Their second, major, stupid mistake was getting into the BIG 10. Maybe Schiano can return them to some form of respectability, but they will never see the top of their division, let alone the Big 10.

Advertisement
Back