Schiano on Miami/OSU

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16870

"I think it gives you a great measuring stick, right?" Schiano said. "I mean, Ohio State's one of the best in the country, if not the best. Miami, at the time, was unparalleled. I mean, you're talking about a four-year period when they had 21 first-round draft picks. We were talking about the '02 game the other day (42-17, Nov. 2, when Rutgers led 17-14 into the fourth quarter) and I think there's something like 16 — 15 or 16 first-round picks alone that played in Rutgers Stadium that day.

"So that was an insane (team). Hats off to Butch Davis. That was an insane accumulation of talent. Ohio State, certainly, also has a very talented roster. I don't know if there'll ever be a roster, thought, with 21 first-round picks in four years. I don't know if that'll ever be repeated."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
"I think it gives you a great measuring stick, right?" Schiano said. "I mean, Ohio State's one of the best in the country, if not the best. Miami, at the time, was unparalleled. I mean, you're talking about a four-year period when they had 21 first-round draft picks. We were talking about the '02 game the other day (42-17, Nov. 2, when Rutgers led 17-14 into the fourth quarter) and I think there's something like 16 — 15 or 16 first-round picks alone that played in Rutgers Stadium that day.

"So that was an insane (team). Hats off to Butch Davis. That was an insane accumulation of talent. Ohio State, certainly, also has a very talented roster. I don't know if there'll ever be a roster, thought, with 21 first-round picks in four years. I don't know if that'll ever be repeated."
The most impressive thing is that Butch built that team while being on probation. Down over 30 scholarships at one point. Butch got it done in less than 5 years.

Advertisement
1604383638619.jpeg

Advertisement
No we won't. Explain why. We are controlling our own destiny. Mark it down. We are not going to lose another game. Mister negativity.
team actually is starting to look a lot like Golden/Shannons squads. after 8 weeks I am not seeing Canes progress
but actually regress. O line is getting no push, WR's have not developed and on D we are not setting the edge against the run.
hope you're right...... doubtful though

Should've brought Butch back after Coker

/runs
Should have showed Butch the money so he wouldn't have left in the first place. The top notch programs (Clemson, Bama, osu, etc.) make Millions each year for their respective universities because of their football teams alone. Foolish to let him go in the first place. Especially considering what he had built and could have continued to build, even while on probation.

Advertisement
Back