Schiano is my pick

cscramon

Recruit
Been a fan for more than 40 years. I have seen the lows, the highs and lows again. The school cannot make a mistake
choosing a coach this time, period. In my mind I have gone through all the choices over and over and like most of you nothing really excites
me unless we get Saban (for example). All the coaches on the list have positives and negatives. I love Butch and what he did for the school. But I also remember our fan base wanted him gone multiple times. Also he is 64. Kelly would be a great hire, he changed Oregon to a winning program, but after Philly he will come with a lot of baggage. The rest of the choices don't excite me at all, Richt, Mario, Jackson, Shula, etc. The only person I believe can make this work for us is Schiano, here is why:

1) He took Rutgers from nothing to a top 10 program while he was there.

2) He can recruit S. Florida as well as anyone.

3) We wanted him a few years ago, and even though the NFL was not for him, college is .

4) He is a defensive minded coach with enough contacts to hire a very capable staff.

I am not a big Schiano fan but after trying to find the safest bet as a coach and think monkey boy is the one.

Advertisement
As I have heard said before...enjoy Bolivia.

That gorilla looking ************ is not welcome anywhere near our program, and I'm certainly not the only one who feels that way. Booooooo

facepalm.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Schiano was at Rutgers for like 12 years and only had one ten win season, and those were all when Rutgers was Big East. What he did at Tampa Bay was even sadder. Don't want em.

Advertisement
We have a pool of

Patterson - Richt - Herman - Kelly - Butch......

and you want Schiano?...... :vogel:

JC

Advertisement
Been a fan for more than 40 years. I have seen the lows, the highs and lows again. The school cannot make a mistake
choosing a coach this time, period. In my mind I have gone through all the choices over and over and like most of you nothing really excites
me unless we get Saban (for example). All the coaches on the list have positives and negatives. I love Butch and what he did for the school. But I also remember our fan base wanted him gone multiple times. Also he is 64. Kelly would be a great hire, he changed Oregon to a winning program, but after Philly he will come with a lot of baggage. The rest of the choices don't excite me at all, Richt, Mario, Jackson, Shula, etc. The only person I believe can make this work for us is Schiano, here is why:

1) He took Rutgers from nothing to a top 10 program while he was there.

2) He can recruit S. Florida as well as anyone.

3) We wanted him a few years ago, and even though the NFL was not for him, college is .

4) He is a defensive minded coach with enough contacts to hire a very capable staff.

I am not a big Schiano fan but after trying to find the safest bet as a coach and think monkey boy is the one.

yet another poor soul whose parents were related prior to marriage....say no to incest

1. No he did not. Since you want facts.
Schiano's records at Rutgers:

2001 2-9
2002 1-11
2003 5-7
2004 4-7
2005 7-5
2006 11-2
2007 8-5
2008 8-5
2009 9-4
2010 4-8
2011 9-4
Overall 68-67
In what universe is that a top 10 program? We will just stop here. 13-12 in his last 2 years.

I do not think he is the terrible hire that some believe. He would be ok. But he is also not some outstanding hire.

Advertisement
Back