Scheme and system matter.....

Advertisement
Swap Fields and Fromm and you will see the same thing.

And I will say Hurts looks way better as a passer after sitting a year under Enos (not that I'm a fan of what Enos is doing here) than he did when he got benched for Tua.

It's almost as if when a team has a good quarterbacks coach, good offensive coordinator, good recruiting, good offensive line coach, and an experienced highly rated athletic quarterback they can win games by scoring more points than the opposition.

Crazy stuff.

Advertisement
What separates the good coaches from everyone else is they understand to adapt their scheme to their players and arent afraid of change.

LSU woke up and realized they couldn't compete with their power run game like before. They recruited a real QB and implemented a system he could thrive in. BAMA did the same a few years ago.

OSU got the qb they needed and have put him in a system that allows him to use his skills perfectly. I dont believe Fields would have been as successful at UGA because Coleys playcalling did not make Fields a threat as a runner like OSU does.

This is what is so frustrating about what we've seen with ENOS. He's not willing to adjust his playcalling to the strength of his players. And that leaves us scratching our heads when we watch our games.

While I agree with you that certain players are made for one scheme or the other, all this talk about the spread and the Enos offense is overblown. #1, our defense is not at the level it should be. Of the top teams, on Oklahoma is defensively weak. And maybe more importantly, no scheme will work with a dreadful offensive line.

Swap Fields and Fromm and you will see the same thing.

And I will say Hurts looks way better as a passer after sitting a year under Enos (not that I'm a fan of what Enos is doing here) than he did when he got benched for Tua.
LOL. Hurts looks similar to what he’s always looked like. He’s just in a really great system right now that doesn’t ask him to sit in the pocket and make a bunch of reads.

Advertisement
All this tells me is that the blue blood programs are stacking up on 5*'s like it's going out of style. OSU didn't really lose out much by never starting Burrow or losing him. Fields had a 5* proven winner in front of him and so he left, and Bama's original 5* QB got replaced by another 5* QB and so he decided to leave.

I'll tell you what though, OSU sure did get bailed out with the NCAA granting Fields immediate eligibility or else they would've been killing themselves over not riding with Burrow.

What separates the good coaches from everyone else is they understand to adapt their scheme to their players and arent afraid of change.

LSU woke up and realized they couldn't compete with their power run game like before. They recruited a real QB and implemented a system he could thrive in. BAMA did the same a few years ago.

OSU got the qb they needed and have put him in a system that allows him to use his skills perfectly. I dont believe Fields would have been as successful at UGA because Coleys playcalling did not make Fields a threat as a runner like OSU does.

This is what is so frustrating about what we've seen with ENOS. He's not willing to adjust his playcalling to the strength of his players. And that leaves us scratching our heads when we watch our games.
Bingo!!! Well stated!!!!

LOL. Hurts looks similar to what he’s always looked like. He’s just in a really great system right now that doesn’t ask him to sit in the pocket and make a bunch of reads.
Dunno how you can watch OU play and not see how much much Lincoln Riley has simplified the playbook for Hurts and ask very little of him as a passer.

OU is a running team first and foremost this season, with Hurts basically being more their number 2 running back than QB.

Advertisement
So running a turtle pace pro style system averaging 25 PPG isn’t the right fit for our guys? Interesting.

What that shows you is that scheme and system matter insofar as they align with the personnel that's available. So either you recruit guys who fit your system or you adapt your system to what you have.

Enos is not adaptable and has numerous other flaws. Even with 'better fits' like TVD and Worsham it's hard to see him running a successful offense at Miami.

Advertisement
Scheme matters MORE than the offensive line. People can continue to complain about the quality of the oline but how did that work for uga this year vs South Carolina and LSU for sure when uga has the most talented oline in the country probably. The scheme is sh*tty and even with a really good oline they still struggle on offense. It’s ALL about scheme in today’s age. Run the right scheme then we will be successful period, this prostyle sh*t got to go

All this tells me is that the blue blood programs are stacking up on 5*'s like it's going out of style. OSU didn't really lose out much by never starting Burrow or losing him. Fields had a 5* proven winner in front of him and so he left, and Bama's original 5* QB got replaced by another 5* QB and so he decided to leave.

I'll tell you what though, OSU sure did get bailed out with the NCAA granting Fields immediate eligibility or else they would've been killing themselves over not riding with Burrow.

True, and OSU's other 5* backup is balls deep in a 5* blonde bomb while we wonder why he isn't bombing deep balls for our blind bums 😑

all the top 5 teams swapped transfer qbs and had great years, except of course the U who landed a spread OSU guy with a pro style coordinator

Advertisement
Back