Scheduling

bowdenbme

Recruit
Ariz just told us we're trying to schedule bama in 2020. So I went to see who else we play that year. We also play Michigan State. So I went thru the future opponents and its pretty obvious that Richt and Co. are trying to take out the entire SEC. We win 10+ this year fellas, you better believe we will take down the SEC by our **** selves. This is the beginning fellas. Sit back and watch how college football will once again rotate around The Miami Hurricanes.

Miami Hurricanes Football Schedules | Future

Advertisement
Ariz just told us we're trying to schedule bama in 2020. So I went to see who else we play that year. We also play Michigan State. So I went thru the future opponents and its pretty obvious that Richt and Co. are trying to take out the entire SEC. We win 10+ this year fellas, you better believe we will take down the SEC by our **** selves. This is the beginning fellas. Sit back and watch how college football will once again rotate around The Miami Hurricanes.

Miami is getting get back to its roots: anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Last edited:

All those games were scheduled way before Richt got here, and there are barely any SEC teams on there. "Pretty obvious" is a bit of a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****. 2020 schedule is about to be the hardest schedule we've had since '09. possibly Alabama in Texas. @ Michigan State, FSU, and who know where Fuente has VT in 2020... and the sneaky one.. of course people will overlook it, but @ FIU. Butch will have all of his players.. no way we'll lose but I'm not expecting it to be a 63-7 tune up game.

Advertisement

****. 2020 schedule is about to be the hardest schedule we've had since '09. possibly Alabama in Texas. @ Michigan State, FSU, and who know where Fuente has VT in 2020... and the sneaky one.. of course people will overlook it, but @ FIU. Butch will have all of his players.. no way we'll lose but I'm not expecting it to be a 63-7 tune up game.

We will go undefeated if perry stays

The Alabama talk is interesting. I love aggressive scheduling. But Alabama these days has a distinct scheduling tendency for the opener and so far they haven't made any mistakes.

To avoid scrutiny on the three cupcake non-conference home games strategically placed on the schedule, Alabama nowadays hand picks a name-brand program for a neutral site opener. Invariably the team they pick has a greater reputation than reality, so Alabama receives more credit than deserved. Generally it's a soft team that Alabama can maul in the trenches. The opponent talks big and thinks it is ready but then is physically stomped. There has been lots of talk about that on handicapping forums every year leading up to the name.

The numbers back it up. Only Virginia Tech surprised Alabama by being competitive on the line of scrimmage. The Hokies were well prepared in that 2013 opener but turnovers and special teams did them in, destroyed 35-10.

These are the rushing totals in the neutral site Alabama openers beginning in 2012. I suggest the Canes forge a rugged team in the next three years, and not a flashy cupcake version that is easy pickings on the line of scrimmage. I was encouraged after watching tapes of our final three games from 2016. We were more legit than I sensed, while attending all of those games.

2012: Alabama 232 yards rushing, Michigan 69
2013: Alabama 96 yards rushing, Virginia Tech 153
2014: Alabama 288 yards rushing, West Virginia 28
2015: Alabama 238 yards rushing, Wisconsin 40
2016: Alabama 242 yards rushing, USC 64

It is interesting that Alabama is now targeting the ACC for that neutral site opener. It is Florida State this year, Louisville in 2018, Duke (?) in 2019, and potentially the Canes in 2020.

Little Nicky will be pushing 70 by 2020. Hope we beat him so bad he retires and runs away in his cheap helicopter back the his hobbit land.

All those games were scheduled way before Richt got here, and there are barely any SEC teams on there. "Pretty obvious" is a bit of a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aTm and Bama are during richts time. But if you think they dont run it by him first before finalizing, your crazy.

Advertisement

Are you thinking he might transfer if he doesn't win the job this year?

He is eligible to go to the NFL draft in 2020.

So a kid that has never played a down of college ball is already considering leaving early for the draft? Does he have an agent picked out?

So a kid that has never played a down of college ball is already considering leaving early for the draft? Does he have an agent picked out?

Tracy Howard was the same way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back