Schedule out

Why are we playing Va on a Friday night? :youre-nuts:Let me guess, Hard Rock not available.

Advertisement
i wonder what GT will look like with their new coach as well, probably bad unless they've been hitting the portal too.
Geoff Collins is a good Defensive coach, but transitioning to a more traditional offense from the Triple option will take a good 2-3 years to fully recruit enough players that fit the new system.

They got Brent Key from Bama as their OL coach & Run game coordinator, but Dave Patenaude is their OC, he's a long time FCS Patriot & Ivy League coach, who was at Fordham, Holy Cross, Columbia, Hofstra & Georgetown, in fact he didn't become a D1 coach until 22 years into his career when he went to Coastal Carolina & was with Geoff Collins at Temple for a year. Nothing special to worry about.

Advertisement
Geoff Collins is a good Defensive coach, but transitioning to a more traditional offense from the Triple option will take a good 2-3 years to fully recruit enough players that fit the new system.

They got Brent Key from Bama as their OL coach & Run game coordinator, but Dave Patenaude is their OC, he's a long time FCS Patriot & Ivy League coach, who was at Fordham, Holy Cross, Columbia, Hofstra & Georgetown, in fact he didn't become a D1 coach until 22 years into his career when he went to Coastal Carolina & was with Geoff Collins at Temple for a year. Nothing special to worry about.

What kind of offense will they be running next year because I honestly have no idea.

Will they still run some triple option?

Bethune Cookman may be out of business before we play them. No more of this charity game BS! At least schedule a CUSA team other than FIU and FAU or a Sun Belt team.

Advertisement
11-1 at a cot**** minimum or Manny can GTFOH!

Seriously, that is a layup schedule. Manny just needs to establish a good not great defense while putting some ******* points on the board, and we are good. Absolutely no reason why we can't average 30 points a game next season.

What kind of offense will they be running next year because I honestly have no idea.

Will they still run some triple option?
They'll be running a typical Spread Offense, the same offense that Dave Patenaude ran for Temple from 2017-18 with Geoff Collins. It's not really a fast pace attack, it's more predicated on being a heavy run game scheme. He brought it over from Coastal Carolina, it's basically a Zone run scheme with a lot of Guard pulling plays that setup quick cutbacks in the interior A&B gaps.

Here's a full game of Temple vs Buffalo, that's basically what we can expect for GTech's offense.
Buffalo got the upset & our new WR KJ Osborn had a nice game vs this Defense.

They'll be running a typical Spread Offense, the same offense that Dave Patenaude ran for Temple from 2017-18 with Geoff Collins. It's not really a fast pace attack, it's more predicated on being a heavy run game scheme. He brought it over from Coastal Carolina, it's basically a Zone run scheme with a lot of Guard pulling plays that setup quick cutbacks in the interior A&B gaps.

Here's a full game of Temple vs Buffalo, that's basically what we can expect for GTech's offense.
Buffalo got the upset & our new WR KJ Osborn had a nice game vs this Defense.

So it will be more of a normal type preparation week for our defense.

GT could be handled easily, imo, but you had to complately change the way you prepared and do things much differently than you normally would, especially linebacker play.

Advertisement
Schedule couldn’t be more favorable. Maybe swapping out UNC week 2 but they should be a dumpster fire

Advertisement
If we get 10 wins in mannys first year I’ll be pleased. But for real if we let Pitt ***** us again I’ll be ****ed. FSU should suck worse this year too

Advertisement
Back