Scary 2020 defensive stat

Found this stat very interesting and very telling. I haven’t looked at prior years but this is very concerning.

Attachments

• 4A46AF47-9FBD-4A24-B0EF-F63CBE6F12C4.jpeg
    4A46AF47-9FBD-4A24-B0EF-F63CBE6F12C4.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 463
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure the G there stands for games played so I think that's a small sample size. The most total yards given up came from both VA Tech and Cuse who both have 5's in the G category

When you lose your best DL(1st rounder), another starting DE, entire LB group, and your best CB, you aren’t going to be as good on defense at Miami. We are not a top 10 program that can overcome losses like that.

When you lose your best DL(1st rounder), another starting DE, entire LB group, and your best CB, you aren’t going to be as good on defense at Miami. We are not a top 10 program that can overcome losses like that.
When this happens and the Canes defense goes from second in the country to almost dead last, you just have to look at the coaches you have and realize that these are the coaches that recruited and developed these players on the current roster. If the players they recruited and developed aren’t performing well, you can’t blame Richt, Golden or anyone else. You have to make a change.

Advertisement
Well if the DC for 3 years and HC for 1 year actually recruited a LB worth a shlt, recruited CBs that actually could cover and didnt run a shltty scheme it would be easier to overcome

I’m in favor of a great DC hire, just funny for past 3 years the talk was if we just got a good enough offense because our defense is good enough.

Now wholesale changes are needed on defense.

Advertisement
It was only 480 yards per game prior to UNC, still bad enough to put us at 10th.. This stat is the very definition of how outliers can skew statistics with an extremely small sample size.

Advertisement
Go back to last season and you’ll find that defensive changes we’re called for then too
Well that was ignorant then.

#13 Total defense
#8 in YPP
#10 in yards per rush
#6 sacks
#4 TFL
#17 Run defense
#23 scoring defense

Tbe reason Miami lost 7 games last year was offense and kicking game.

I’m in favor of a great DC hire, just funny for past 3 years the talk was if we just got a good enough offense because our defense is good enough.

Now wholesale changes are needed on defense.
Whole sale changes are needed on the head coach and who hired the head coach.

Advertisement
Back