Scarlett Is A Must For Golden

Why is everyone writing off Joe Yearby?

He was a high 4 star recruit who played well when given chances last year despite not being 100%. I expect big things from him.

Advertisement
Yearby/Gus will be be our primary backs, but you have to think about the future/injuries so you won't have a fall off in production. Walton/Scarlett will get carries this coming year. If they come to UM...
All that said, our coaching staff gonna ***** it up.

Advertisement
competition is everywhere.....Mark Walton is the most complete back at the U since Mcgahee

Walton's on campus and playing in games already?

Until Walton does something in an actual game, in college, that distinction goes to Duke.

Duke was a pretty good back but wasn't durable and put the ball on the ground in big time moments....His Big #'s came against lower competition

The talk of competition seems to be centered around FSU but FSU is not a good fit for Scarlett unless he wants to sit on the bench and realize he made a mistake. Jacques Patrick is their 5 star running back recruit this year and would be ahead of Scarlett but than there is Dalvin Cook and 3 other running backs with potential. Not a good scenario for Scarlett period.

At Miami he's got an undersized, injury prone Joe Yearby and Edwards (a fullback) and Gray who is totally unproven. Miami seems to give Scarlett a 3 year path to go to the NFL.

As for Al Golden Scarlett is the key to this year's class.

Cool.
Another Scarlett thread.
More please!

Advertisement
competition is everywhere.....Mark Walton is the most complete back at the U since Mcgahee

Until Walton does something in an actual game, in college, that distinction goes to Duke.

Duke was a pretty good back but wasn't durable and put the ball on the ground in big time moments....His Big #'s came against lower competition

600 touches in his career and 7 fumbles
the duck dynasty bowl?? was a big moment.?

Duke played his *** off and put the ball on the ground a few times
Portis once fumbled 4 times in 1 game

Its goldens fault we didn't have another back capable while he was here.

Last edited:

Yeah, and in the biggest game of his life, Willis let himself get hurt, left ball on ground and cost us an NC. That is how you sound. Duke hit the field playing from day one and carried team for last two years. Left with just about every record. By the way, I don't remember Willis being known as hard worker or good blocker as RB. Willis played on a team from Heaven, aka Butch; Duke was stuck on Donna's, aka, Satan, creation. The bad thing Duke did was give Al a chance to look better than the smuck is.

IMO Mark Walton is the best running back coming out of south Florida this year.

Most complete is probably him. Most talented is scarlett. Has a size and speed ratio we haven't had since McGahee

Yup. Can't keep losing the home run hitters with elite speed who can take it the distance from anywhere on the field. Guys like Cook, Sony, Scarlett, and Rasul next year (not putting him in their class yet as an all-around back, but I fully expect us to lose him because of course we will).

Walton's a well-rounded back who isn't fast. Yearby's a different type of runner, but he's not a burner by any means either. We desperately need more Miami speed, which is why potentially losing Scarlett after inexplicably giving Williams the boot would be unacceptable and a devastating blow to a disappointing class.

Lawson has been ripped here since he decommitted for not wanting to compete, now people are praying Scarlett is scared to compete at FSU. Ridiculous

Every year people twist themselves into cognitive pretzels figuring ways and reasons why kid should come to their school. It's entertaining, and almost always has nothing to do with the kids actual decision making process.

Advertisement

He was a high 4 star recruit who played well when given chances last year despite not being 100%. I expect big things from him.

Joe is a good back!!! Could be even better but Walton & Scarlett could be elite

I thought many here said Trayone Gray was better than yearby or gus anyway...lets not forget him!

Advertisement
image.jpg

Joe is a good back!!! Could be even better but Walton & Scarlett could be elite

I thought many here said Trayone Gray was better than yearby or gus anyway...lets not forget him!

Gray has a higher ceiling that all the RB's but Scarlett.... Let's hope he reaches that here waste of season should've REDSHIRTED

Yearby has instincts that not many runners have. His ability to read where the hole is, accelerate through it, and make insane cutbacks is a special talent. Does he have great top end speed? No, but neither did Emmit Smith, and both of their abilities are eerily similiar. I think Scarlett is a talent but to say he has a higher ceiling than Yearby is ridiculous . I for one believe that Yearby has more chance of succeeding at the NFL level than Scarlett. Yearby is special talent, not somebody holding a place till someone else arrives on campus. When it comes to evaluating talent around here some insist on showing their ignorance.

Advertisement
Back