Scariest thing in Football (Ed Reed)

Advertisement
Yo it felt like he had 100 blocks foreal when he got to the league. The pigeon toe **** is cool to know and realize that helped

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, you just posted in another thread saying Sean Taylor was better. I am taking it that you are just bringing Lebron's tweet to the thread (appreciated), but this ain't your opinion ---- but it should be. What we got to do to convince you?

Man, you just posted in another thread saying Sean Taylor was better. I am taking it that you are just bringing Lebron's tweet to the thread (appreciated), but this ain't your opinion ---- but it should be. What we got to do to convince you?
Was this directed at me?

Because maybe you're confused but I'm a Ravens fan, so I think my opinion on Ed Reed should speak for itself.
If not, I've stated on here numerous times I believe Ed Reed is the greatest Safety in NFL history.

Sean Taylor is the most naturally gifted ever & would've been on that level if his life wasn't cut short.

Reed is a once in a generation type talent. Not once every 10 years. Ni66a once in a generation!

so is sean taylor

Stop, they dont even belong in the same sentence

Here we go...

Hahaha.

Man i hate that shid. Sean, as great of a player and athlete as he was, didnt get closed to living to his potential. Missed way too many **** tackles and his pass defense left alot to be desired.

I love him like i love any Cane. However, he shouldn't be mentioned anywhere near the same stratosphere as the g.o.a.t. ER20

Advertisement
...and though eligible for the college HOF, neither has been chosen (yet). There once was this guy named Bennie Blades...
Regardless of what he receives from the college HOF, Reed's one of the easier first ballot HOF NFL players. As I've written plenty of times, only Ronnie Lott's resume compares. There was a recent list with Troy P above both Lott and Reed. Big fan of Troy and how he approached the game, but I think it's nonsense to place him over those two.

Gil Brandt's greatest NFL safeties of all time | NFL.com

Troy Polamalu

12 seasons
8x pro bowl
4x all-pro
158 games
142 started games (didn't start a game his rookie year)
32 INTs
14 FFs
12 Sacks
581 tackles
5 TDs

Ronnie Lott

14 seasons
10x pro bowl
6x all-pro
192 games
189 started games
63 INTs
16 FFs
8.5 Sacks
1113 tackles
5 TDs

Ed Reed

13 seasons (sorta)
9x pro bowl
5x all-Pro
174 games
169 started games
64 INTs
11 FFs
6 Sacks
531 tackles
9 TDs
1 Safety

Ken Easley's short, yet incredible run is to note. I'd actually place him over Troy.

Last edited:
...and though eligible for the college HOF, neither has been chosen (yet). There once was this guy named Bennie Blades...
Regardless of what he receives from the college HOF, Reed's one of the easier first ballot HOF NFL players. As I've written plenty of times, only Ronnie Lott's resume compares. There was a recent list with Troy P above both Lott and Reed. Big fan of Troy and how he approached the game, but I think it's nonsense to place him over those two.

Troy Polamalu

12 seasons
8x pro bowl
4x all-pro
158 games
32 INTs
14 FFs
12 Sacks
581 tackles
5 TDs

Ronnie Lott

14 seasons
10x pro bowl
6x all-pro
192 games
189 started games
63 INTs
16 FFs
8.5 Sacks
1113 tackles
5 TDs

Ed Reed

13 seasons (sorta)
9x pro bowl
5x all-Pro
174 games
169 started games
64 INTs
11 FFs
6 Sacks
531 tackles
9 TDs
1 Safety

Ken Easley's short, yet incredible run is to note. I'd actually place him over Troy.

lol at Gil Brandts ranking.
Jack Tatum is being straight disrespected. Was a ******* killer out there.

Troy Polamalu

12 seasons
8x pro bowl
4x all-pro
158 games
32 INTs
14 FFs
12 Sacks
581 tackles
5 TDs

Ronnie Lott

14 seasons
10x pro bowl
6x all-pro
192 games
189 started games
63 INTs
16 FFs
8.5 Sacks
1113 tackles
5 TDs

Ed Reed

13 seasons (sorta)
9x pro bowl
5x all-Pro
174 games
169 started games
64 INTs
11 FFs
6 Sacks
531 tackles
9 TDs
1 Safety

Never realized how much of a beast Ronnie Lott was since a majority of his career took place before my birth.

That being said, Ed Reed takes the ******* cake. The NFL post 2000 is a VERY different game.

Advertisement

Troy Polamalu

12 seasons
8x pro bowl
4x all-pro
158 games
32 INTs
14 FFs
12 Sacks
581 tackles
5 TDs

Ronnie Lott

14 seasons
10x pro bowl
6x all-pro
192 games
189 started games
63 INTs
16 FFs
8.5 Sacks
1113 tackles
5 TDs

Ed Reed

13 seasons (sorta)
9x pro bowl
5x all-Pro
174 games
169 started games
64 INTs
11 FFs
6 Sacks
531 tackles
9 TDs
1 Safety

I brought it up because so many around here don't realize just how good Blades was, especially when he was in college. Are his numbers better, if he's not in Detroit? I think so; but in the college conversation, Blades earned his HOF.

That said, I put Ronnie Lott over Ed Reed, though Reed will still be an easy first ballot NFL HOF.

My bad. Wrong guy. Confused...

I hear you and well put. I am a Ravens fans also. How could you not be during the years of Ray, Ed, McGahee, and McKinnie? McKinnie doesn't get enough love, but he was the one addition to the team that made them Super Bowl Champs. Flacco didn't have to worry about any pressure on his blind side all playoffs. Ed Reed vs Tom Brady in the playoffs were some of the most high level match ups I have ever watched.

Advertisement
Back