Scaife Going Pro Early?

Advertisement
He’ll need to be 2nd team All-ACC for someone to even consider drafting him. Who’d wanna draft someone from this o-line?

He’s not bad, but that’s not a qualifier for being drafted.

Advertisement
I’m worried about some of our 2022 recruits entering the draft in 2025. I don’t know who those kids are yet, but I want to start worrying early.
1578352950113.png

You got me! You make a valid point. Im sorry I asked.

Oh yea most definitely he's gone after next season. Also I think the kid can be a good NFL player like Feliciano type.

Advertisement
This title is enough to have you in the RVA thread.
Lol! Your right my bad. I just asked the question because I think it would be big if we can get him to stay and anchor the line as a Senior, but you guys make a valid point--I shouldn't be worrying about that a year before it could even possibly happen, so my bad. My apologizes for the poor post on my part.

If you jump to the pros too early as an Olineman and aren't ready to battle those NFL Dlinemen, you will be out of a job very quick.

Olinemen can't play special teams and add value in other places like many skill or defensive players can and with a 53 man roster, Oline spots are limited. The best way to ensure you stick is to be able to play multiple positions as it adds so much value for a team only suiting up 8 Olinemen for a game.

Advertisement
If you jump to the pros too early as an Olineman and aren't ready to battle those NFL Dlinemen, you will be out of a job very quick.

Olinemen can't play special teams and add value in other places like many skill or defensive players can and with a 53 man roster, Oline spots are limited. The best way to ensure you stick is to be able to play multiple positions as it adds so much value for a team only suiting up 8 Olinemen for a game.
All great points but our Juniors seem to be declaring for the NFL draft an awful lot lately without any regard for what is in their best interest. I completely agree with a guy being projected to be drafted in the first or second round going pro, but if you are not then it is best to return and improve your draft stock so you can possibly go in the first or second round the following year. Inexplicably, our players don't seem to agree with this approach.

Lol! Your right my bad. I just asked the question because I think it would be big if we can get him to stay and anchor the line as a Senior, but you guys make a valid point--I shouldn't be worrying about that a year before it could even possibly happen, so my bad. My apologizes for the poor post on my part.
Relax, let me help you focus on something more pleasant,

pool.gif

Advertisement
All great points but our Juniors seem to be declaring for the NFL draft an awful lot lately without any regard for what is in their best interest. I completely agree with a guy being projected to be drafted in the first or second round going pro, but if you are not then it is best to return and improve your draft stock so you can possibly go in the first or second round the following year. Inexplicably, our players don't seem to agree with this approach.

Because many take bad advice from friends, family or agents looking to cash in with them, or they get caught up in the "Miami Life" with all the glitz glam and money and want it so bad they make a poor long-term decision.

Forgot Relish & Mayonnaise has already contacted him about his status. If he test well he should be able to pick his own team after the draft.

Advertisement
Back