Say What Yall want but.......

Advertisement
Only main thing that impressed, was the Half time adjustments that were made.... I highly doubt FAU would have gotten what they did with their starting QB because the offense cjanged once Driskel came in and i could see we were confused what to do cause of that..... still ****ed about those missed tackles tho... hopefully they wise up and keep Crawford mainly on ST and not starting over Jenkins.... Jenkins looks like he is goin to have a good year...str8 ballhawk

Fau starting qb was garbage they actually started rolling with lil driskell I'm tired of hearing that they didn't have they're starting qb bull**** we dominated the second half foh ya just on some depressed suicidal **** everything is doom and gloom you clowns need to get some pssy and love life....I'll judge after a Lost!!

Well why didn't we dominate the first half? It is hard to get any yards on offense when you can't hold on to the ball. If we would have made adjustments they wouldn't have gone down the field on the opening drive of the third quarter and scored. After that,FAU kept coughing it up. Three turnovers on 5 drives.

After seeing alot of these teams struggle this week, Florida barely beating ECU, Arkansas losing at home, Louisville losing at home, Maryland getting drug at home,Cincinnati getting beat down at home and other teams etc., ..... glad we won and covered our Spread...we just need to improve and keep winning thats all i care about... Go Canes!

The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way is the fact of how are new and improved dline looked. It looked like the same 2 gap dline.

There's no excusing 290+ yards allowed in one half against FAU with their starting quarterback out after the opening drive and their RB -- who had a career-high 130 rushing yards in 25 minutes of game action -- out for roughly half the second quarter.

It wasn't a performance that can be viewed as an outlier. We've seen Golden's defenses look exactly like that for years. You feeling the need to compare Miami to the Cincinnati's and Maryland's of the world just exemplifies how much further we've fallen thanks to Golden.

UF "self proclaimed DBU" gave up 350 yards threw the air with Ecu's starting qb out. Needed 4 turnovers to win by 7 and almost went to overtime

And just how is that in any way relevant to Al's wefense getting ran though YET again??
Is it your job to deflect any criticism directed at Al and Dno??

Amazing how some people still support this coaching staff after 5 years of failure. Unbelievable.

Advertisement
Fau starting qb was garbage they actually started rolling with lil driskell I'm tired of hearing that they didn't have they're starting qb bull**** we dominated the second half foh ya just on some depressed suicidal **** everything is doom and gloom you clowns need to get some pssy and love life....I'll judge after a Lost!!

Well why didn't we dominate the first half? It is hard to get any yards on offense when you can't hold on to the ball. If we would have made adjustments they wouldn't have gone down the field on the opening drive of the third quarter and scored. After that,FAU kept coughing it up. Three turnovers on 5 drives.

We did well in the first quarter as soon as the new qb came the game plan went to **** cause we didn't game plan for lil driskell and our defense wasn't playing well but we caused turnovers and pulled away I'll enjoy this W until we lose than I'll be critical

There's no excusing 290+ yards allowed in one half against FAU with their starting quarterback out after the opening drive and their RB -- who had a career-high 130 rushing yards in 25 minutes of game action -- out for roughly half the second quarter.

It wasn't a performance that can be viewed as an outlier. We've seen Golden's defenses look exactly like that for years. You feeling the need to compare Miami to the Cincinnati's and Maryland's of the world just exemplifies how much further we've fallen thanks to Golden.

UF "self proclaimed DBU" gave up 350 yards threw the air with Ecu's starting qb out. Needed 4 turnovers to win by 7 and almost went to overtime

And just how is that in any way relevant to Al's wefense getting ran though YET again??

Amazing how some people still support this coaching staff after 5 years of failure. Unbelievable.
I was as frustrated in the first half as anybody and I want this staff to be fired yesterday. But some people don't handle constant negativity all the time and want to have some fun watching their team play although they know the staff sucks. It' just a difference in mentality.

After seeing alot of these teams struggle this week, Florida barely beating ECU, Arkansas losing at home, Louisville losing at home, Maryland getting drug at home,Cincinnati getting beat down at home and other teams etc., ..... glad we won and covered our Spread...we just need to improve and keep winning thats all i care about... Go Canes!

Exactly. We played a terrible first half, and still won by more than the spread. Lots of things to be fixed before Nebraska, but bad games happen all across college football by all sorts of teams.

Since Wherrera apparently asked me in another thread that is now closed, how I "justify" our performance, I'll answer it in this thread:

It was a very poor 1st half showing. Much improved in the 2nd half where we held them to 90-some yards while getting triple that on offense in that half. Overall, lots to be worked on, but as we saw this weekend, that can be said about many teams, including highly ranked ones. ****, Lamar (a team that FAU would smoke) scored 30+ on Baylor).

Don't like our red-zone offense at all, and still don't like our 3rd down play calling. Coaches need to get that fixed, now. Defense is playing more aggressive.

Our linebackers were horrible in that game. Grace played decent, Kirby stunk it up, Owens was not very good before getting injured, Gayot did not have a very good game. Lots of missed tackles by all of them. If they don't do a better job against Nebraska, they are going to run all over us.

Our D-line continued to play aggressively, but need to make better tackles and not overrun some plays. The interior of our line has been a pleasant surprise. The entire D-line will continue to get better.

Howard still hasn't stepped it up. Our secondary looked pretty good except for Howard. A former 5-star recruit, #1 CB in the nation should not be the one on the field that the opposing QB targets, and that most frequently lets the receiver he covers get open. Rayshawn Jenkins is looking good, Burns looked pretty good. I love how Elder plays. Carter had a great hit, but still doesn't have the coverage skills and instincts of Jenkins.

Kaaya was inconsistent, but the talent is clearly there. He'll work out the kinks. One thing he needs to improve on is making changes at the line. Best example was one play where Walton ran left and was immediately hit for no gain. Before the snap FAU brought an extra man up to the left side of our line and we had no one there to block him. There was enough time on the clock for Kaaya to audible into a different play, or at least to change blocking assignments or where the run would go, but he didn't. He stuck with the play and it went directly into the unblocked defender. He'll continue to learn though, he's young.

Our receivers do well as pass catchers overall, but they really need to get tougher as blockers. They are terrible blocking on screen plays and downfield on runs that break into the secondary.

Or RBs are great. Yearby is a threat running and receiving, and while he may not have breakaway speed, he will keep those chains moving. Walton had a good game. Gray runs so violently, I love it. Still has to keep learning the position though. That backwards run for a big loss was bad. He's going to be dangerous as the year progresses.

O-line still needs to gel. Darling has been disappointing so far, but he's still learning on the job. Hope they can get it together as the season goes on.

While the overall game was not good, the fact that they improved a lot in the second half gives some hope. They need to carry that over to the Nebraska game.

Advertisement
Only main thing that impressed, was the Half time adjustments that were made.... I highly doubt FAU would have gotten what they did with their starting QB because the offense cjanged once Driskel came in and i could see we were confused what to do cause of that..... still ****ed about those missed tackles tho... hopefully they wise up and keep Crawford mainly on ST and not starting over Jenkins.... Jenkins looks like he is goin to have a good year...str8 ballhawk

FAU came out to start the second half and drove right down the field with ease for a game-tying FG. You say there were adjustments. Seemed much more like FAU couldn't stop giving us the football back. They coughed up a fumble we recovered at their 25-yard line. AQM caused the Jenkins INT with pressure, even though this staff doesn't believe he should play unless it's 3rd and long. And Burns made a nice play off a tipped ball to make a diving interception. Talent won out in the end.

You baselessly claim FAU wouldn't have done as well if their starting QB didn't get injured, but in his only series against our defense they marched inside our 10-yard line with complete ease. There was tons of confusion on that opening series from our defense, with d-linemen not knowing where to lineup properly and DBs expressing confusion about their assignment as well. Our defense wasn't confused because of Jason f***ing Driskell, they were confused from the outset.

We needed a 5-0 turnover margin and game-ending injuries to their starting QB (after opening series) and RB who had 130+ rushing yards in a quarter and a half to finally start pulling away from FAU. Reality will set in for you very soon.

We did well in the first quarter as soon as the new qb came the game plan went to **** cause we didn't game plan for lil driskell and our defense wasn't playing well but we caused turnovers and pulled away I'll enjoy this W until we lose than I'll be critical

Lmao....looks like we didn't prepare for the starter either because he was hurt on their 1st series after driving to our 6 yd line. Driskell took over on their 2nd series.

Serious question, what adversity did we face? And if you say rain delay, which affected both teams, you wrong.

Advertisement
While the overall game was not good, the fact that they improved a lot in the second half gives some hope. They need to carry that over to the Nebraska game.

I agree with most of this, but I'm a little afraid that the second half improvement was just a by-product of FAU losing their #1 RB. We will see against Nebraska if this defense has turned a new leaf.

Lmao....looks like we didn't prepare for the starter either because he was hurt on their 1st series after driving to our 6 yd line. Driskell took over on their 2nd series.

Man we got the W that's all that matters!!!

No, they deserve all the criticism they are getting... Im just saying it happens everywhere as we have seen in college football this weekend. As bad as we played Miami still looked like they best team in Florida THIS weekend in particular

Baghdad broke busting out the "it happens everywhere" line of deflecting equine excrement to make Folden's foibles more palatable to the other potatoes.

Advertisement

No, they deserve all the criticism they are getting... Im just saying it happens everywhere as we have seen in college football this weekend. As bad as we played Miami still looked like they best team in Florida THIS weekend in particular

Baghdad broke busting out the "it happens everywhere" line of deflecting equine excrement to make Folden's foibles more palatable to the other potatoes.

Yeah, heard some of that and had to turn internet radio feed off.
Disgusting.

LOL at "halftime adjustments". You potatoes never skip a beat. I'll give you that.

Halftime adjustments where the opponent marched down the field on the first possession of the 2nd half for a game-tying score? That 2nd half adjustment? Or was the adjustment convincing FAU to hand us the ball 5 times?

Then we have the immortal Jason Driskell throwing us off our game and being better than their 5th year senior heart of the team QB. The same Jason Driskell who never took a snap prior to Friday, was staring down his receivers like he was a Svenghali trying to put them in a trance, and was throwing to a bunch of Z listers that not even Folden was desperate enough to recruit after striking out on everyone else. That guy threw us off and confused us?

Al Oh Al. The Potato Posse is priceless.

Are you serious?

Advertisement
Back