Savion Riley Portal

If this means Powell to Safety, then I'm all for it. Again, I don't personally know much more than what I've read on here about the Marshall kid, but if all of these moves mean DPJr or someone new slides inside, and Powell now can cover on that Boundary side, it makes our defense feel a lot more secure in coverages.

I'd still sign another DB. But, what the **** do I know. I don't watch practices. I just know that, post-spring, the easiest way to attack us is 4WR. If these DB moves help us keep teams under 25 points, let's make it happen. We're scoring 35.
Agree it seems very clear with how Spring portal is at CB, we are much better off having Powell primarily at Safety. Competition with Jaden Harris likely winning other starting Safety role, but having Zaquon Patterson getting rotation and and Markeith competing for rotational snaps as well.

Still need another CB though. And assuming Balom portals out, we would be pretty *** depth wise at Safety. Patterson being a guy the staff trusts though wouldn't be a surprise to me as 3rd safety. And Jadais Richard may be able to play some safety if needed as well. Just get another CB minimum.

Advertisement
sad bar GIF by South Park

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I officially can’t keep up anymore. I used to be able to tell you ever player on the roster, what high school they came from, and if they were on the 2 deep. Now…forget about it.

Advertisement
He flashed some tools early but was getting passed up by Markeith Williams and Zaquan Patterson later in spring.

Was pretty obvious reading between the lines. TBH I’m glad we had enough talent to push him out. I was much more worried when he was being talked about as a starter.

Last edited:
Was pretty obvious reading between the tea leaves. TBH I’m glad we had enough talent to push him out. I was much more worried when he was being talked about as a starter.

Then why even bring him in?

Do people think these guys come here for free?

At what point will the staff start getting held responsible for poor spending and bad evals?

In the NFL, you get whacked for bad FA signings. Why should this be any different?

Advertisement
Back