Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Look, Rumph is a good cb Coach...he has proven that he can develop talent. Our cb haul the last few years has been pretty good. But don't also underestimate the power of perception within a organization. Pulling a 5 star cb is as much as what we will get out of the recruit on the field as it is perception of where the program is heading. Every business corporation CEO will tell you the same. Perception is just as important as Reality, and yes, reality must match perception at some point.
Over the long haul, winning on the field is the only thing that changes the perception. Everyone was on GA's jock when Smart first became coach, now look how much they get clowned despite all their 5* commitments. Meanwhile, the reverse happened to Clemson. Dabo was clowned until they started winning. Now they can't do anything wrong and are recruiting lights out.

The problem with a young coach like Rumph, if you're going to rely on coaching and development as your selling point, you need time to establish a track record. It appears most of us don't have the patience.

Forget everything else we need to keep him. Guy has high ceiling plus athlete as the 1 tech DT. Reminds me of the 5 star DT from LSU years ago.

THAT KID LAWRENCE LOOKED EXPLOSIVE. IF COLLINS IS MOVING AND GETTING OFF THE BALL LIKE THAT. HE’S A KEEPER. NO QUESTION.

UF didn't think enough of Collins to send him an official offer. The only way I can see them going after him is to do it just to get 3/5 of the Palmetto kids. Similar to the way we looked at Collier.....

Advertisement
UF didn't think enough of Collins to send him an official offer. The only way I can see them going after him is to do it just to get 3/5 of the Palmetto kids. Similar to the way we looked at Collier.....
i think they already got their nose int he Watson kid

We had injuries. Brooks and huff are really good hauls and Troutman Is the goods. Now no one knows who these guys will turn into. But I’m talking g about elite level no doubt about it recruiting.
T2 Justin Flowe level kids. Again I’m really happy with our linebacker but other position groups are recruiting better and to go where we want we need all groups to get top talent.
We haven't been pulling in five stars at any positions until this recruiting cycle. Corner is the only position that we've actually had legitimate chances to land five stars in these past few cycles. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If we produce on the field things improve. Rumph gets flack because everyone thought his high school guys were automatic. Well nothing is automatic when the $EC is involved. Let's win some games and see what happens.

Advertisement
Hopefully Marshall gets his bags up front, they never paid walker when he got up there. They were also supposed to move his mom there. But didn’t.

But their trash fans said he was supposedly ***, crazy or soft.
Random, but did UGA pay for Tyson Campbell?

Over the long haul, winning on the field is the only thing that changes the perception. Everyone was on GA's jock when Smart first became coach, now look how much they get clowned despite all their 5* commitments. Meanwhile, the reverse happened to Clemson. Dabo was clowned until they started winning. Now they can't do anything wrong and are recruiting lights out.

The problem with a young coach like Rumph, if you're going to rely on coaching and development as your selling point, you need time to establish a track record. It appears most of us don't have the patience.
Our fan base is extremely impatient and entitled. We thought because we had Rumph, Surtain and Campbell were automatic. Dabo didn't turn that program around by recruiting 5 star DBs, he turned it around with excellent QB play starting with Taj Boyd. People have forgotten all about that whooping Clemson and Dabo got from WVU in the orange bowl. They got 70 hung on them. SEVENTY POINTS!!! I was there and it was ugly. Dabo fired is defensive coordinator after the game the same night. Respect for that. Now that they are winning, they are getting five stars at every position. Win with what you got, and the five stars will come.

Advertisement
Hopefully Marshall gets his bags up front, they never paid walker when he got up there. They were also supposed to move his mom there. But didn’t.

But their trash fans said he was supposedly ***, crazy or soft.

Wonder if they paid for Collier too.

Advertisement
Bro I'm so late. What happen between JM and Irvins ?
Ivins and other 247 guys released crystal balls for Marshall to Miami 10 days ago. Something was obviously leaked to them, Manny also tweeted a gif, it’s widely assumed that Marshall silently committed to Miami. Marshall’s high school coach apparently tells him to not publicly commit yet and, “think about it”. While they were “thinking about it”, they were bought and paid for by Florida. There is no doubt. Marshall’s Florida commitment came out of left field. They were thought by many to be running third, behind bama and Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back