Sauces: NCAA Moving Closer to an Immediate Expansion of Signing Class Limit

Yep, it’s definitely possible. And if does things could look completely different next year.
I have to believe that Blake and Manny are tied at the hip because of the way Manny was hired so if they have to let Manny go our biggest headache will be gone with him…of course that’s until the BOT makes the next ****** hire..

Advertisement
I have to believe that Blake and Manny are tied at the hip because of the way Manny was hired so if they have to let Manny go our biggest headache will be gone with him…of course that’s until the BOT makes the next ****** hire..
I said that two years ago , this was Blake’s brain child. When he made this decision he handcuffed himself to manny. They’ll swim or drown together.

Last edited:
I said those two years ago , this was Blake’s brain child. When he made this decision he handcuffed himself to manny. They’ll swim or drown together.
Hopefully when they sink and at this point they’re going under for at least the second time..the BOT gets someone involved that actually has a clue what needs to be done with these two hires..

Schools like bama sign 40 every year cause they cut the scrubs early. Miami needs to get to that immediately

'm under the impression that 85 scholarships is still the hard cap number. Then a program can sign up to 25 high school prospects and then they can add up to seven transfers if they need to replace some transfer losses (again 85 scholarships is the key number). It is a rule that will mainly help a lot of teams that will struggle to keep their numbers up due to transfers out. It also protects high school prospects because it won't allow teams to exclusively load up on a ton of transfers and avoid high school recruits.

so we need to wait til rules out ironed out beefier we get to excited cause it’s possible might not be as good as we think for us off the r

Advertisement
Schools like bama sign 40 every year cause they cut the scrubs early. Miami needs to get to that immediately
This should be the year Miami cuts scrubs but Miami also doesn't have 75 blue chippers (46). If Miami can sign 25 HS kids this year then in the spring figure out which kids should be pushed to the portal and which positions need portal kids, it could get Miami to 55-60 blue chippers pretty quickly. To do that, Miami has to WIN games first. I don't care if they are ugly like App State but improvement needs to happen or we will drop some games and this plan won't work.

'm under the impression that 85 scholarships is still the hard cap number. Then a program can sign up to 25 high school prospects and then they can add up to seven transfers if they need to replace some transfer losses (again 85 scholarships is the key number). It is a rule that will mainly help a lot of teams that will struggle to keep their numbers up due to transfers out. It also protects high school prospects because it won't allow teams to exclusively load up on a ton of transfers and avoid high school recruits.

so we need to wait til rules out ironed out beefier we get to excited cause it’s possible might not be as good as we think for us off the r

85 by next August as of now. It wouldn't shock me to see the NCAA bend a little with 5-10 additional counters for '22-23. If this happens, we can likely take 25+7 without a ton of problems getting to the 90-95 number.

We are at around 91 now. 8 seniors, lots of potential NFL types (Bolden, Nesta, Cam), lots of dead weight that aren't working out (Ivey, Jennings),and walkons that now have degrees, etc. I'd actually take 25 HS kids every year and push out kids that just don't make the cut (bad eval, bad work ethic, off-field issues, etc). Others will depart early for the NFL, medical retirements happen, transfers to be closer to home etc to free up the room we need to take 25. The 7 should be used to fill gaps in the roster from unexpected misses or departures along with any elite kid that wants in.

The biggest impact of 25+7 will be to the walk-ons. There is absolutely no great reason to hand a walk-on a ship when you can grab a 3-5* kid from the portal that will likely have a much bigger impact on your team. So in this case, I would expect to see Bama signing less of the 3* kids as PWOs as they would likely have less chances of earning a ship. Just look at how many Bama kids transferred out this year that were likely 3* PWOs while Bama took some elite portal kids.

85 by next August as of now. It wouldn't shock me to see the NCAA bend a little with 5-10 additional counters for '22-23. If this happens, we can likely take 25+7 without a ton of problems getting to the 90-95 number.

We are at around 91 now. 8 seniors, lots of potential NFL types (Bolden, Nesta, Cam), lots of dead weight that aren't working out (Ivey, Jennings),and walkons that now have degrees, etc. I'd actually take 25 HS kids every year and push out kids that just don't make the cut (bad eval, bad work ethic, off-field issues, etc). Others will depart early for the NFL, medical retirements happen, transfers to be closer to home etc to free up the room we need to take 25. The 7 should be used to fill gaps in the roster from unexpected misses or departures along with any elite kid that wants in.

The biggest impact of 25+7 will be to the walk-ons. There is absolutely no great reason to hand a walk-on a ship when you can grab a 3-5* kid from the portal that will likely have a much bigger impact on your team. So in this case, I would expect to see Bama signing less of the 3* kids as PWOs as they would likely have less chances of earning a ship. Just look at how many Bama kids transferred out this year that were likely 3* PWOs while Bama took some elite portal kids.
So what do you expect our class size to be

Advertisement
Not everything is measured in terms of "Alabama". For instance, this shouldn't be a method where F$U is able to sign 32 HS kids or 12 Portal transfers (or if they do, they have to cannibalize the HS ICs). The point of expanding the numbers is to BOTH give HS kids unlucky enough to be born 16 years before the "immediate eligibility rule" sparked a Portal explosion a chance to get scholarships, while also not creating an infinite supply of transfer slots. Get a fair number of Portal kids moving (7 transfer slots x 120 D-1A schools is over 800 kids moving to new homes) while still allowing normal HS signing classes.

Alabama, by virtue of its position, is ALWAYS going to be able to cast off its undesirables and take replacements, whether those are HS or transfer replacements. The rest of us have not been so fortunate.
You have to find a way to regulate the recruiting vultures like Bama or it will become the rich get richer.

I can see 7 bama busts “volunteering” to enter the transfer portal especially if they get a “severance” check from the Tuscaloosa car wash.

Then they sign 7 five and four stars because of course their emergency backups to the third string have to at least be in the espn 300.

They need to implement an nfl draft type system or something to minimize the rich getting richer.

If you made the playoffs the last two years then there should be limitations on how many five and four stars you can sign and maybe additional restrictions.

I know it will never happen but I can dream.

I said that two years ago , this was Blake’s brain child. When he made this decision he handcuffed himself to manny. They’ll swim or drown together.

Attachments

• A1531820-8FA7-4334-AF90-585FE5A408EC.gif
    A1531820-8FA7-4334-AF90-585FE5A408EC.gif
    600.5 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back