Saturday recruiting nuggets

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Following Miami's Thursday night game, Canes coaches were out and about checking in on targets and commits.

Craig Kuligowski was at Dillard-Plantation checking on defensive tackle commitment Jon Ford as well as defensive end Jordan Wright, who the Canes are monitoring.

Ephraim Banda was at Mater Academy - Westland Hialeah checking on Latavious Brini. And what do you know?...former Canes offensive coordinator and current UGA WR coach James Coley was also at the same game. Brini recently decommitted from the Bulldogs.

Manny Diaz and Ron Dugans were at Southridge-Palmetto. Billy Gibson is a Canes commit and Miami is heavily monitoring Illinois commit Antwan Collier at corner. 2018 receiver Dee Wiggins is committed to the Hurricanes and 2018 target Mark Pope is already one of the highest-rated guys on their board for next cycle.

Offensive line coach Stacy Searels was in Georgia last night for commits Deejay Dallas and Zalon'tae Hillery , both solid commits. Dallas broke this big run.

[TWEET]789672648011870208[/TWEET]

**I'm hearing that there will be a major shake-up at the wide receiver spot for Miami in this class. This was already a crucial position for the Canes in this class, but Sam Bruce's recent dismissal made that even more the case. Miami currently has Evidence Njoku and Kevaughn Dingle committed, but we could see up to 4 names added to the class at this spot. I do not see Dingle signing with the Canes. As of this morning, Miami believes there is a distinct possibility of landing both Devante Smith and Jeremiah Holloman, but a source stressed the importance of needing both prospects to go through with their plans of taking official visits. Holloman is an early enrollee, so they will need to get him on campus rather soon.

Mike Harley. It is still very possible that Miami offers and if I had to guess, I think the Canes will do so. There are people at UM who have been pushing for him to receive an offer and it just seems like a no-brainer offer at this point. Good chance he winds up in the class if offered. By the way, I was at Aquinas - Boyd Anderson last night and Harley scored on a 36-yard deep ball from Jake Allen.

[TWEET]789617455266234368[/TWEET]

Kalem Reddix is not a take for the Canes right now based on what I've heard.

Miami coaches also "have some guys in the works" at receiver, according to a source so look for names to continue to emerge.

**Canes coaches know that there is an uphill battle to climb with C.J. Henderson, who decommitted a couple weeks back after months of speculation. Miami is lining up contingency plans in case they aren't able to reclaim Henderson, but they will not stop recruiting him. Some people close to the situation believe that Henderson likes the attention from college coaches and the recruiting process and that his decommitment could be a product of that. Miami does not want to be strung along by Henderson only to have him choose UF -- they will have him campus the weekend before signing day in an effort to win with the hometown pitch -- remember Tracy Howard's recruitment in 2012.

**Miami safety target Amari Carter will announce his decision tonight at 7. I'm. It sure where the announcement will happen, but check back here for updated links later. That is an announcement you will want to watch.

Advertisement
Thanks Pete. Makes me real
Uneasy that the staff feels good about both smith and holliman. Seen this before where the proverbial eggs in one basket happens and we are left holding the bag. Why don't you think dingle will be in the class?

Advertisement
Hope we dont drop Dingle. If we pull off Holloman, Smith, Dingle, thats on par with the LB trio we brought in last year. ELITE!

Advertisement
They're confident in Holloman and Smith but not sure they can get Them to take officials?

They are confident they will visit, but view the official as the potential deal closer. Just need to get them there for that to happen though.

Advertisement
Rumors that Devonta Smith visited unofficially for the UNC game. If true, that should be a good sign, right Pete?

Advertisement
IMG_3853.jpg Dingle is one of my favor commit, hope he sticks.

I hope they aren't pushing Dingle out , I really think he's a beast . Evidence is the one I don't get ,I see D'Mauri Jones. Nothing special . I get his brother plays here but there's far better guys out there imo.

Harley man give me that boy and send juedy a hooker or some **** still think that kid is the best wr hands down

Advertisement
Back