Saturday Down South predicts Canes in playoffs

Advertisement
a Miami vs uga game at the orange bowl would be epic!!!

Don't count out mighty Clemson. I still believe it will be both Miami and Clemson, along with Alabama and yes, Washington.:peach:

Advertisement
I don't want anyone predicting for us to make the playoffs until we prove that we can make the playoffs.

I still they we’re a year or two away from that level, but if we catch a couple breaks and upset Clemson anything could be possible.

Rosier and the ol would really have to make a big jump from last year.

Oh and Uga will not be in final four , there’ll be a drop off.

Advertisement
I still they we’re a year or two away from that level, but if we catch a couple breaks and upset Clemson anything could be possible.

Rosier and the ol would really have to make a big jump from last year.

Oh and Uga will not be in final four , there’ll be a drop off.
Absolutely. Having 33 seniors is an anomaly these days in cfb. There will definitely be a drop off...

While I would absolutely love for the Canes to take on Satan and his merrymen, I too am of the belief that we can’t get there with Rosier at the helm. Love the guy, he’s been great to watch (when he’s on), but I just don’t see us beating Clemson and that vaunted DL to make it to the CFP. I’m predicting a much closer game vs Clemson in the ACCCG but that we fall a little short. That puts us back in another NY6 bowl for the 2nd consecutive season which is still building momentum towards a Top 5 ranking for 2019. Give me ‘19 and ‘20 recruiting classes and I can see is playing for all the marbles then.

Advertisement
I do not think Clemson is a lock for anything this year. Of course they're good...more talented and deeper than anyone in the conference, but they're going to start Lawrence at some point this year, if not Game 1. And his ceiling is ridiculously high, but he's a freshman, and he can have freshman moments. Don't sleep on them slipping up once in the ACC early on and missing Charlotte.

Only thorn in my theory is I really can't see any other team winning that division, but I do not think Clemson is a lead pipe lock for the playoffs, one way or another. Either they miss Charlotte entirely, or they can be beaten there. If Lawrence does start, don't be absolutely shocked to see them struggle or lose either at A&M or at GT the first month of the season. It'd be a huge upset, but it can happen. They lost to Syracuse last year and were handily drubbed by Alabama in the playoffs. They can be beaten.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back