Santana

Years ago I was at a Hurricane Club pregame in the East end-zone OB Montes Trainers ( remember the camper) parked there ?

Anyway Santana was fielding punts , fellas you cannot fully understand not appreciate how fast ( football speed) Santana had it was outrageously freaky.
Fielding those punts one second he’s right there 5-10 yards away from you the next second he’s down on the other end.
There was some unreal memories at Monte Trainers Hurricane BEERFEST OMG.

OB memories brothers priceless

GOCANES

Advertisement

My favorite Canes offensive player.

He TOASTED the holes dbs NASTY at the Doak in 99. Was WIDE OPEN. Unfortunately he dropped a game changing touchdown and we eventually lost.

I still knew he was special by the way he ran by the defense. FSU was the number 1 team in college football and owned us at that time. Their defense was very good and he made em look Jv.

Edge let me know we would be ok.

Santana let me know we were almost back.

He had HUGE catches in the 2000 game. He really kept us in it and set the stage for Shockey’s legendary play.

Still get goose bumps watching him play.

Word. I don't GAF who your brother might be. KD is a legend round here. Just like JJ

Go Canes!!!!!!!

James always gets overlooked because he had the misfortune of being drafted by the Browns.

He is way up on the career yardage list, above some all time greats here.

He really held it down after Edge left.

Had a really nice 1000 yard season in 2000.

Advertisement
Imagine if he had a real QB. Closest he came was Jason Campbell spending several years with the Skins.

And Jason Campbell wasn't a real QB. If he even had a Carson Palmer or Phillip Rivers type of QB, I think he would be HOF. Same with Dre, even though I think he makes it in.
He had Mark Brunell in Washington.

He had Mark Brunell in Washington.

And in Brunell’s second season with Washington, he had an All-Pro season and set the Redskins single season receiving record.

Brunell was on the backside of his career and he just never had a good consistent QB. I thought that was an example of what he cod have been.

Even the fact that he had those thousand yard seasons is impressive.

Advertisement
Santana had what looked like almost a sixth sense. He would go up for the ball, come down with it in traffic, and then know exactly which move to make before the defense could react. Next thing you know, he’s running away from everyone for a TD or picking up a critical gain.

For example, just look at the plays where he would make a mockery of the entire secondary, like at FSU in ‘99. You either have that or you don’t. Most guys don’t.

We had different kinds of talent back in those days. No disrespect to Jeff Thomas but Santana was a different kind of athlete.

Advertisement
We had different kinds of talent back in those days. No disrespect to Jeff Thomas but Santana was a different kind of athlete.
Maybe so....but the Dead Leg Okie Doak he threw on that kid in the Under Armor Game on the TD had me smh until the next day...and don't even get me started on the Double Dead Leg he threw down in a game in HS....

Look at it like this...Imagine if JT had Covington (last 2yrs)...and Dorsey this yr....
Imagine JT in a 1998-2001 Coker/Chuds Offense vs the Garbage we've seen since....

Advertisement
Back