2024 Santana Wilson, CB - Desert Mountain HS (Scottsdale, AZ)

One9

Senior

@Memnon's piece on him.

Advertisement

Following months of contact with Miami head coach Mario Cristobal, Scottsdale (Ariz.) Desert Mountain 2024 four-star cornerback Santana Wilson finally landed his highly-coveted Hurricanes offer Tuesday night. And he already wants to put Miami in his list of top schools.

Wilson, the No. 90 overall prospect in the On300 and No. 10 cornerback in the 2024 class, picked up the offer from Miami secondary coach Jahmile Addae, who previously coached at Arizona State and has recruited the state before. The 6-foot, 173-pound corner is eager to visit Miami after landing the offer and immediately has high interest in the Hurricanes.

“It’ll definitely be one of my top schools for sure,” Wilson said. “It’s definitely a bigger school. That’s my second ACC offer (after NC State). It’s really big for me, so I would definitely love to take an unofficial (visit) there or an official, whatever it has to be. I’ll definitely find a way to get out there.”

He wants to further research Miami’s playing style and schemes but said the Canes will “definitely be on the top of my radar, for sure.”

He is set to visit NC State Friday and is eyeing a potential visit to Miami over the summer.

Miami secondary coach sees offer as no-brainer​

Addae told Wilson the offer was a no-brainer after he watched over his film and wanted to offer him on the spot.

“It was a really good feeling, just knowing a big school like Miami offered me,” Addae said. “It’s definitely a huge step in my recruiting process.”

Wilson is having semi-regular contact with the Hurricanes’ staff, but his offer was the first time he’d spoken with Addae. He said Cristobal is the only other coach he’s spoken to, and he’d somewhat expected to receive an offer from Miami.

The Canes’ social media accounts have played a substantial role in Wilson’s interest in Miami. He’s noticed the intensity in practice and the family environment the Canes are trying to promote both on and off the field, which he said is also a key reason why he has interest in programs like Washington, Kansas State and Arizona State.

He hasn’t yet scheduled any official visits and now says he’ll have to push back announcing his top five schools. He previously said he would drop his top five April 22 but will have to reschedule. He didn’t mention a specific date he plans to list his top schools.

CaneSport’s Take

It’s rare that we’ve seen a head coach largely be the only coach a recruit has had contact with leading up to an offer, but that’s what we’ve got with Wilson. Cristobal clearly sees something in Wilson even though he hasn’t received the level of recruiting intensity some other prospects have, which means the month of April will be a telling month to see how much Miami ramps up communication with the top-100 prospect.

Following months of contact with Miami head coach Mario Cristobal, Scottsdale (Ariz.) Desert Mountain 2024 four-star cornerback Santana Wilson finally landed his highly-coveted Hurricanes offer Tuesday night. And he already wants to put Miami in his list of top schools.

Wilson, the No. 90 overall prospect in the On300 and No. 10 cornerback in the 2024 class, picked up the offer from Miami secondary coach Jahmile Addae, who previously coached at Arizona State and has recruited the state before. The 6-foot, 173-pound corner is eager to visit Miami after landing the offer and immediately has high interest in the Hurricanes.

“It’ll definitely be one of my top schools for sure,” Wilson said. “It’s definitely a bigger school. That’s my second ACC offer (after NC State). It’s really big for me, so I would definitely love to take an unofficial (visit) there or an official, whatever it has to be. I’ll definitely find a way to get out there.”

He wants to further research Miami’s playing style and schemes but said the Canes will “definitely be on the top of my radar, for sure.”

He is set to visit NC State Friday and is eyeing a potential visit to Miami over the summer.

Miami secondary coach sees offer as no-brainer​

Addae told Wilson the offer was a no-brainer after he watched over his film and wanted to offer him on the spot.

“It was a really good feeling, just knowing a big school like Miami offered me,” Addae said. “It’s definitely a huge step in my recruiting process.”

Wilson is having semi-regular contact with the Hurricanes’ staff, but his offer was the first time he’d spoken with Addae. He said Cristobal is the only other coach he’s spoken to, and he’d somewhat expected to receive an offer from Miami.

The Canes’ social media accounts have played a substantial role in Wilson’s interest in Miami. He’s noticed the intensity in practice and the family environment the Canes are trying to promote both on and off the field, which he said is also a key reason why he has interest in programs like Washington, Kansas State and Arizona State.

He hasn’t yet scheduled any official visits and now says he’ll have to push back announcing his top five schools. He previously said he would drop his top five April 22 but will have to reschedule. He didn’t mention a specific date he plans to list his top schools.

CaneSport’s Take

It’s rare that we’ve seen a head coach largely be the only coach a recruit has had contact with leading up to an offer, but that’s what we’ve got with Wilson. Cristobal clearly sees something in Wilson even though he hasn’t received the level of recruiting intensity some other prospects have, which means the month of April will be a telling month to see how much Miami ramps up communication with the top-100 prospect.

Love seeing us pay more attention to the state of Arizona

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back