Santana Moss just gets it

This staff would have ruined that team. This is by far the worst X and O staff I have ever seen at the U.

Advertisement
This a great thread....we have such elite talent in our own back yard, and we have elite talent on our team, but I don't see an Ed Reed or a Santana Moss or a Alonzo Highsmith. Denzel is our best D player but I don't see him yanking cats by the jerseys whipping th in shape. Neither do I see that w Bush or Howard or Coley. We need that grit again, cats having fun while holding each other accountable. I think Al was trying too hard to change the image into a PSU type of a program to keep kids out of trouble, but it's backfiring. Once the "hit stick" mentality comes back (thank u Mr Jamal Carter) then our product on the field will completely change.

You can't coach a kid to put in extra hours to work and try harder and watch film and so on. They gotta love the game and hate losing more then they love winning.
If you can combine hard work and talent, man, you can take on the world, ie Calvin Johnson.
It ain't nothing about scheme or nothing, if you got players who are just dogs and love to be mean on the field and work their *** off of to be great and you got that one leader ex Ed Reed, who shows the boys, what's up, then you got a winning formula, it's rarely the coaches. How else do you explain Coker winning? It's the guys on the field.
I'm neither for or against Golden, I just want to see the canes win man.
You are for that useless excuse of a leader. How can u be a Miami fan and say you're not for or against the coach, lmao

The confidence come from winning, from knowing you are going to be put in the best position to win and execute. There is no way these kids fully trust the staff. I'm sure they are scratching their heads as much as us on some of the decisions being made on the field. It's only so much time you can tell someone it's a process and it's building and continue to lose badly before people and players call bull.

Advertisement
No, what made us in 2000 was an ungodly collection of elite talent.
an ungodly collection of talent who worked harder than everybody else in football
That's fine. But a bunch of jags who worked harder than everybody in football would have lost 6 games that year. In the final analysis, work ethic is great, but talent is indispensable.
Cmon, dude. That team was who they were because of the talent and the work. There are TONS of talented teams that get their *** beat because they think they deserve to win just for having 5 stars in front of their name.

How did Alabama loose 2 games last year? They have the best recruits and the best coach in all of college football.

I am no way comparing Alabama to Miami, but the theory porsters have that all you need is talent or a great head coach to win.

an ungodly collection of talent who worked harder than everybody else in football

That's fine. But a bunch of jags who worked harder than everybody in football would have lost 6 games that year. In the final analysis, work ethic is great, but talent is indispensable.

What about Duke last year?

You're comparing Duke to our 2000 squad?

No way am I comparing Duke to our 2000 squad. LOL. Just pointing out that Duke last year were, a bunch of jags, no blue chip talent on the team. They overachieved due to work ethic and coaching. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok. And I'm not dismissing the work ethic of our players on that 2000 team. It made that team even better. But the reason there is no comparison between Duke's team last year and Miami's in '00 is simple: talent.

You can't coach a kid to put in extra hours to work and try harder and watch film and so on. They gotta love the game and hate losing more then they love winning.
If you can combine hard work and talent, man, you can take on the world, ie Calvin Johnson.
It ain't nothing about scheme or nothing, if you got players who are just dogs and love to be mean on the field and work their *** off of to be great and you got that one leader ex Ed Reed, who shows the boys, what's up, then you got a winning formula, it's rarely the coaches. How else do you explain Coker winning? It's the guys on the field.
I'm neither for or against Golden, I just want to see the canes win man.
You are for that useless excuse of a leader. How can u be a Miami fan and say you're not for or against the coach, lmao

So that what these forum attacks feel like, ridiculous.
But in an attempt to defend my statement, I can say I'm not for or against my coach even though I'm a Canes fan because I'm a Canes fan not a coach fan, also Golden hasn't done much to inspire me to be a fan of his, especially that Louisville game (so I'm not for him) I'm not against him because being a rationale non bloody panty wearing baby, he lost one game to Louisville, it sucks and we looked like garbage offensively anyway, but he's going to be here for the remainder of the season whether we like it or not, so he has the rest of the season to really prove doubters wrong and I hope he does cause that means CANES BE WINNING, so he can start proving us by starting with Nebraska.

I hate Urban Meyer and if he somehow came to Miami and started winning. I'd neither be for or against him, cause he's still a loser of a human being.

Make sense now? Didn't think I'd have to do that, apparently I do.

Advertisement
Players take the personality of their coach. If their coach accepts and celebrates mediocrity then so will they. If one of the assistant coaches says 9 wins is a great season, then winning 9 games will not kill them. The HC sets the tone and it trickles down to his staff and from his staff to his players. Those 2000 and 2001 players worked hard because they fed off of what Butch instilled in that program. Its no coincidence that once those players that Butch recruited started graduating that the hard work and accountability started to fade. The coach sets the tone.

Perfect example, look at what true freshmen say and what they want to accomplish when they come to Miami during Golden's whole tenure. Now look at what they say 2 or 3 years into their time at Miami. Its like two different people. They've lost the excitement, the brashness the desire to "bring miami back." Its quite sad.

Advertisement
Back