Sandland told ITU that a TE(s)

As someone already said, Dye was a DE in HS and came here as a DE before being moved to TE. Seeing as he is one of only two experienced TEs we have, and our best blocking TE, I dont think they would give him the boot. Maybe if Sandland was a guaranteed lock, but I think someone else will be shown the door before Dye. Cleveland comes to mind.

Advertisement
Dye has been moved all over the place and just don't see him moving back to DE again. In the Duke game you could see where Jedd tried to get the ball to Dye by having Walford and Dye in the same direction. If Dye catches that ball it would have been a huge gain. Loved the way Jedd used to Walford to set that play up late in the game.

Didn't see anything out of Cleveland or Perry this season.

Perry has his degree....one would think we would take a TE prospect over keeping him.

lol...do i always have to do this.

DYE IS OUR STARTING TE.

STOP SAYING WE WILL GIVE OUR STARTING TE THE BOOT.

Our offense is prostyle...we use a BLOCKING TE as an essential part of our offense in run blocking ......AND even in Pass Protection.....

Dyron Dye was best at both....BY FAR......even Walford isnt that good of a blocker.....

Perry,Cleveland,White would be on the chopping block WAYYYYY before Dye.

Advertisement
lol...do i always have to do this.

DYE IS OUR STARTING TE.

STOP SAYING WE WILL GIVE OUR STARTING TE THE BOOT.

Our offense is prostyle...we use a BLOCKING TE as an essential part of our offense in run blocking ......AND even in Pass Protection.....

Dyron Dye was best at both....BY FAR......even Walford isnt that good of a blocker.....

Perry,Cleveland,White would be on the chopping block WAYYYYY before Dye.

Starter or not Dye's four years of eligible are completed (has 1 yr left due to RS). If the best Juco TE in nation wants to come here, he will probably not be brought back for a 5yr. Thus, giving him a chance to start somewhere else without having to sit out a year. White is already gone and Perry might decide to transfer. Cleveland is also a good blocker.

Advertisement
Back