Sandland Surprised By Canes Fans

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2013 JUCO TE Beau Sandland committed to Miami on December 12th and the Miami fan base was ecstatic about his decision.

Sandland was surprised by the uproar of 'Canes fans and didn’t expect all the attention from the Miami fan base.

“I was actually blown away, it was something that was really cool to see and something that I appreciate. Everybody was reaching out to me from emails to Facebook and Instagram, it was really cool.”

The #1 Ranked JUCO TE was relieved to finally make his decision and sign his letter of intent and talked about what it felt like to finally be a Hurricane.

“A lot of relief, looking forward to getting down to Coral Gables and moving forward. It’s going to be really fun.”

Sandland is already contributing to hurricanes cause by helping recruit other Miami targets.

“Coach Carroll gave me the phone numbers of their top five targets and I texted them all saying who I was and if they had any questions they could ask me.”

Sandland feels like this may be an advantage due to the fact that he is a fellow recruit like them.

“Whenever I go to a school a Coach will tell you whatever you want to hear, but when you speak to one of the players you get more information and real stuff. So I can help these guys out.”

Miami had a strong offense this past year and with the addition of Sandland, it looks to make this offense even more powerful.

“I know the offense was really strong last year. I know Stephen (Morris) set ACC records last year and Duke Johnson is coming back and he was ACC Freshman of the Year, so we are going to be a very strong team.”

Sandland will report to Miami in mid-January.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When you report in Mid-Jan, go knock on Stephen Morris's door and start becoming best friends.

image.jpg

Great post

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I already told him on FB that I cannot wait to make his highlight tape and he got all happy and thanked me. Seems like a great kid.

Advertisement
Back