sanctions versus negativity

class

Recruit
The Shapiro fiasco is a joke compared to what Golden is now facing in recrutiing with all the negativity on this board and other sites. Yes, we had a poor season and yes there is some questionable defensive strategy but can we just cut out the BS for the next thrity days and give Golden a chance to earn his keep by recruiting some top players. He has eleven guys he recruited four years ago heading to the NFL , so he can judge talent and his classes have always been in the top 25 or better. Please support the program rather than have all this negativity and get it through our collective thick heads that he is going to be our coach next year , the administration has made that clear. Despite what you may think of the defensive play calling of his best friend ,he is a legitimate good guy who cares for his players, I have heard him speak on numerous occassions and he represents the university extremely well, an image which was not projected by several of his predecessors.

Advertisement
enhanced-buzz-25537-1386102855-37.jpg

While I respect your efforts to come here and try to control the message, I think its fair to note that UM fans didn't just get this way because we went 6-7 this season. UM fans have gotten this way because we now have enough data points on UM management to realize that its the university management folks who are the problem. The fans feel helpless. Its that feeling of helplessness that leads people to lash out.

At this point, its on UM management to take action. They can terminate al golden or come out and support him vocally. Until the administration does that, Im not seeing how the collective of individual fans will change.

If you want Canes fans led to a more positive place, find some leaders who can do that.

Sanctions vs. negativity?

No. How about sanctions vs. Al Golden's incompetence, the impact a 6-7 season in a coach's fourth year has on recruiting, the impact of keeping a coach after he goes 6-7 in his fourth year on the job at a program located in the most fertile recruiting ground in America, the most horribly run athletic department in the NCAA, and an administration that doesn't give a s*** about winning.

Clearly, Golden's continued presence has a far more drastic effect on recruiting than any NCAA cloud. Recruiting is dead as long as Golden stays, regardless of what's said on message boards or social media. Open your eyes.

Advertisement
Sanctions? What sanctions? 9 scholarships over 3 years? **** he recruited better when we weren't going to bowl games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Sanctions = Cloud

Early Wins = Early Commitments w/No Cloud

Late EOY Losses = ****storm; which creates its own Cloud

With this staff, a cloud of self-imposed sanctions is inevitable

seriously-gets-on-my-nerves-seeing-all-these-posts-11012.jpg

Last edited:
Let be clear, the negativity coming from the fan base is exactly what the doctor ordered for donna and her crowd. They now have a plausible boogie man to blame everything on for a while.

To summarize:

At a real university: Massive fan malcontent = need for change

At UM: Massive fan malcontent = the reason the program is in purgatory.

Advertisement
Let be clear, the negativity coming from the fan base is exactly what the doctor ordered for donna and her crowd. They now have a plausible boogie man to blame everything on for a while.

To summarize:

At a real university: Massive fan malcontent = need for change

At UM: Massive fan malcontent = the reason the program is in purgatory.

Beautiful

Too bad Mark O'nofrio's good guy attitude hasn't landed us any defensive talent in recruiting. What a fat joke that guy is.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, let me get this right OP....us talking about what a crap job Golden is doing on a message board is hurting recruiting more than the reason WHY we are saying that Golden is doing a crap job? I'm pretty sure if we won 10 games this year and didn't lose our last 4 in a row, no matter what we say here would have no effect on recruiting.

So it's OK for Michigan fans to riot in front of the Admins office; it's OK for a Bama fan to shoot and kill another Bama fan after a loss, but it's not OK for us to vent out our frustration on a message board??? OK buddy.

Advertisement
The fans are more to blame for recruiting or lack there of than the actual coach? What world am i living in? Canes an average football program, wears Adidas and we are to blame for kids not wanting to play for the U. This is rock bottom.

Advertisement
Back