2023 Samuel M'Pemba, 5 star Athlete

This will be known as the week UF was eliminated from the M'Pemba sweepstakes.

Jane Lynch You Are The Weakest Link GIF by NBC

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of these four is not like the other…
This is what's crazy about the On3 algorithm. I get sticking with your guns, and they're new, so maybe they want the controversy of being different, but if I were them I'd moderate my algorithm to not be so off from the consensus on a player. If everyone else thinks he's top 32, maybe saying he's barely top 100 is a little off.

Even more egregious with Rashada

This is what's crazy about the On3 algorithm. I get sticking with your guns, and they're new, so maybe they want the controversy of being different, but if I were them I'd moderate my algorithm to not be so off from the consensus on a player. If everyone else thinks he's top 32, maybe saying he's barely top 100 is a little off.

The Rashada ranking is just straight up criminal. Everyone else has him around 5 star territory, and then On3 inexplicably has him like 190th. Easily one of the biggest such discrepancies I’ve seen. Seems to me they are rather serious about being contrarian on several of the otherwise consensus top 30 players

I’m ok with them being so different than the others, as long as there is substance to the reasoning behind it. They are essentially serving the role as the critical evaluator or devils advocate to avoid group think. If you say their ratings should be the same as the other major services, than what benefit is there to having more than 1 major ranking service in the first place,

Advertisement
I’m ok with them being so different than the others, as long as there is substance to the reasoning behind it. They are essentially serving the role as the critical evaluator or devils advocate to avoid group think. If you say their ratings should be the same as the other major services, than what benefit is there to having more than 1 major ranking service in the first place,
I agree with your line of thinking. I’m just not so sure that’s THEIR line of thinking lol

Players going to UF tomorrow and coming to UM on Saturday just seems logical. If I’m a recruit, why the **** would I stay in Gainesville until Saturday when I can hang in Miami?
Going to be a bad look for UF. Players will be able to compare both in a short time frame. Think test driving a prius on Friday and a Lambo on Saturday

Advertisement
Advertisement
Players going to UF tomorrow and coming to UM on Saturday just seems logical. If I’m a recruit, why the **** would I stay in Gainesville until Saturday when I can hang in Miami?
Logistics is going to be an issue... also who pays for all the gas, food and lodging along the way?

Will Norman would be a nice surprise pursuit. As for MPemba, I spoke to someone relatively close to the program that swore MPemba never had any real significant interest in coming to Miami and that he was SEC all the way. UGA seems to be the school for him

Will Norman would be a nice surprise pursuit. As for MPemba, I spoke to someone relatively close to the program that swore MPemba never had any real significant interest in coming to Miami and that he was SEC all the way. UGA seems to be the school for him
He may not come here but saying he has no significanct interest is cap. It's UGA us and Mizzou where he from that has been the protagonists. He said months ago he is sure he will take OV's in season to Miami and UGA and he was certain about those and no one else. That's significant interest.

Advertisement
Back