2023 Samuel M'Pemba, 5 star Athlete

This is the strangest recruitment for me this cycle. As others have said, why is he not on board already and being an ambassador? I believe most of the insiders have also been pretty quiet on him. For me he is behind M'Pemba, Harbor, Wislon, and Russaw. We appear to be trending pretty well with those guys (except Russaw whos been quiet). So maybe he doesnt have the green light.
The way I read the situation on Bain…. He doesn’t want to come here. He wants to leave Miami. But his family legacy and brother being on staff is causing him to string the recruitment along. Dudes got a tough decision to make because if he goes elsewhere that is a slap in the face to the Bain legacy. It would be similar to if Al Jr went elsewhere

Advertisement
This is the strangest recruitment for me this cycle. As others have said, why is he not on board already and being an ambassador? I believe most of the insiders have also been pretty quiet on him. For me he is behind M'Pemba, Harbor, Wislon, and Russaw. We appear to be trending pretty well with those guys (except Russaw whos been quiet). So maybe he doesnt have the green light.
Yeah I don’t disagree with you on where Bain stack up with the others…. But the last time we neglected a star football player (Freeman RB) from Central it took us nearly 7-8 years to get our feet back in the door. Missing on several stars (Dalvin Cook) included during that time!

Yeah I don’t disagree with you on where Bain stack up with the others…. But the last time we neglected a star football player (Freeman RB) from Central it took us nearly 7-8 years to get our feet back in the door. Missing on several stars (Dalvin Cook) included during that time!
He has a spot and we are recruiting him. We just ignored freeman.

Advertisement
Bain is not getting dropped
Shank Cut You GIF by Joel James
Angry Season 3 GIF by Outlander

I said 8-12 if things go bad. Top 6 otherwise. And when he came in i said top 5. I never doubted it.

I had 4-8 leaning heavily to 6-7. I honestly did not see it possible for us to have better classes than Bama, Taint and UGA. And I thought A&M would buy another top class, which would put us in the second tier of UTx, LSU, ND, USCw, Clemson.

For me, that would have been a dream scenario, ending in that second tier to get us enough talent to play the ACCCG every year and eventually knock off Clemson to graduate back to the upper echelon.

What I did not expect was us winning head-to-head competition with Bama and the other perennial playoff powerhouses. I thought 2024 or 2025 it was possible after making the ACCCG.

I mean, I get a strong OL. But this class of big uglies is ridiculous, genie-in-a-bottle wish level. And he's not just getting Top 100 kids on the line. It's everywhere. This is beyond my wildest imagination. I'm absolutely blown away.

The way I read the situation on Bain…. He doesn’t want to come here. He wants to leave Miami. But his family legacy and brother being on staff is causing him to string the recruitment along. Dudes got a tough decision to make because if he goes elsewhere that is a slap in the face to the Bain legacy. It would be similar to if Al Jr went elsewhere
Where did you read that? Who did Bain express his desire to leave Miami? Sounds like some Law and Orders speculation statements. I can hear Jerry Orbach say, "Who says home is where the heart lies".

Advertisement

Or he could be a silent and asked Mario for permission to enjoy all the perks that come with being heavily recruited by top schools? Jacory Harris took his recruitment down to the wire and he was coming the whole time.

Where did you read that? Who did Bain express his desire to leave Miami? Sounds like some Law and Orders speculation statements. I can hear Jerry Orbach say, "Who says home is where the heart lies".
Yeah first time hearing that as well…. I just thought he was enjoying the process? But, that’s what I thought Jalen Brown was doing as well…. And Brown was looking to leave Miami the entire time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last week he said that Alabama was his top school… I’m not a recruiting guru at all, so I could be wrong, but maybe he hasn’t committed to Miami because he’s leaning toward Alabama.

Advertisement
Back