2023 Samuel M'Pemba, 5 star Athlete

We won't be playing an odd front. Were going to be a 4/3 and Mario has said it multiple times.

Mario said we'd be multiple. Which means on certain downs, we'll have an odd front.

It won't be a 3-4 base like UGA and Bama, but we will have scenarios where there are only three down lineman on the field.

Advertisement
Mario said we'd be multiple. Which means on certain downs, we'll have an odd front.

It won't be a 3-4 base like UGA and Bama, but we will have scenarios where there are only three down lineman on the field.
I'm sure I'm just going by what he keeps saying in articles and interviews.

Under head coach Mario Cristobal, as well as co-defensive coordinators Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong, the Hurricanes will run a true 4-3 on defense. Their pass-rushing from the edge will see a significant improvement as transfers Mitchel Agude and Akheem Mesidor are projected to start at defensive end.

Mesidor, one of the most productive interior linemen in the Power 5 as a sophomore for West Virginia last year, will transition from tackle to edge for the Canes, giving them one of the most physical pass rushing attacks in the ACC.

I'm sure I'm just going by what he keeps saying in articles and interviews.

Under head coach Mario Cristobal, as well as co-defensive coordinators Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong, the Hurricanes will run a true 4-3 on defense. Their pass-rushing from the edge will see a significant improvement as transfers Mitchel Agude and Akheem Mesidor are projected to start at defensive end.

Mesidor, one of the most productive interior linemen in the Power 5 as a sophomore for West Virginia last year, will transition from tackle to edge for the Canes, giving them one of the most physical pass rushing attacks in the ACC.

"The new Kevin Steele defense will be multiple, featuring a traditional nickel look at times, a STAR position at times (a big nickel), or a strong-side linebacker that will help stop the run when needed."

Traditional nickel = 4-2-5

Star position = 3-3-5

Strong side LB = 4-3 or 3-4, depending on the SAM alignment.

"The new Kevin Steele defense will be multiple, featuring a traditional nickel look at times, a STAR position at times (a big nickel), or a strong-side linebacker that will help stop the run when needed."

Star position = 3-3-5

Got it

Star position = 3-3-5

Will be super interesting to see how often Stevenson comes out and how often Gil is on the field, as well as where they place Chase Smith and James Williams on the field based on different opponents, schemes and down & distances.

Advertisement
Chase Smith is a kid who’s gonna factor into the backer play! The UCLA kid is gonna get major run. If Wesley is healthy he’s gonna get run. When people talk about the Washington kid and what he is or isn’t, all I know is he’s 6-3 215 right now. Considering we have guys like Flagg, and the other former safety And both are small, the future with kids like Wesley Bryant and more will get this group similar to how it should be here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm gonna guess "yet another guy the Gaytors are pressuring to commit right now"...
3* LB out of Texas. Blake CB him to OU today. Another miss for Billy Boy.
Billy: “Hey Samuel, that OV was great huh? You ready to make a decision? #GoGators ;)

Samuel:

Espn Oklahoma GIF by College GameDay

Advertisement
Back