Samson Okunlola (is not hurt)

Cici is a guard in the league and he was more athletic than Samson

Could see Samson fitting well at guard in the NFL too

Although he still has alot of games left to develop at Tackle here
 
Cici is a guard in the league and he was more athletic than Samson

Could see Samson fitting well at guard in the NFL too

Although he still has alot of games left to develop at Tackle here

I think a lot of the OG vs OT debate is overstated and that includes some of my own thoughts and commentary. I say this because I think Cici is playing guard because of what the Giants have/had to work with as much as anything. I'm not saying that there aren't differences between G and T - there most definitely are. I think Cici could end up at OT for NYG eventually about the same I think he could stay at OG. Some coaches value heavier linemen at OG and leaner taller guys at T more than others.

What I really see is brilliance behind Mirabal's cross training that he demands. NYG spent a top 10 pick on an OG who played OT for his entire college career.
 
Cici is a guard in the league and he was more athletic than Samson

Could see Samson fitting well at guard in the NFL too

Although he still has alot of games left to develop at Tackle here
Samson has better feet and will be a tackle in the pros. NFL was worried about Cici's arm length at tackle.
 
If Cantwell can’t handle RT now, what makes you think we should replace our best OL with him to protect Mensah’s blindside?

Black Widow Marvel GIF
Because LT and RT are different positions - if he's been trained to play LT all his life, maybe he's struggling to mirror the movement mechanically when played at RT?

They started him at LT all camp.

You guys really are knobheads at times - you don't do yourselves any favours.
 
Back
Top