2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I am defensive because New England constantly gets disrespected and we have some seriously talented kids that are constantly fed to the Midwest/big 10.

I would love for Miami to get boots on the ground up here and build a presence, but what I’m trying to explain is that it wouldn’t be easy and wouldn’t happen overnight. I tried explaining the culture I see as a high school coach up here in Boston, just like others post about south Florida and we have some people on this board who think just because you have the U brand on your jacket when you walk into a school that a kid would sign with you which isn’t the case. I tried explaining the challenges Miami would have and people get all up in their feels about it.
Michigan’s second largest feeder state after Michigan is Mass.

Advertisement
The way this dude is able to anchor down as soon as he engages is beautiful. AND he has nimble feet to mirror too. Sheesh
His Kickslide is out of this world!

My comp for him is Ikem Ekwonu, Samson’s footwork & hand placement is already college level

IMO he’s the most talented HS LT prospect I’ve seen since Jake Matthews.

If this kid isn’t a top 5 pick in 4 years then something has gone insanely wrong. I don’t keep track of OL’s as much as I do DB’s & skill players in general, but I can’t recall too many day 1 LT prospects that were this good. Evan Neal is probably the most recent one...

But this kid is SPECIAL

Last edited:

today... Watch out for Mel

E963DE5E-4337-47D0-9FDB-D757A20CB20B.gif

Advertisement

Oh my 👀

The funny thing is, those drills usually favor the DL, since they are not in pads. His footwork and, most importantly, patience, is impressive. He doesn't over extend, engage prematurely, and I didn't even see a hold (which is common in drills like this). I'm definitely not an expert on OL but, as a former DL, I'd hate to line up against him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His Kickslide is out of this world!

My comp for him is Ikem Ekwonu, Samson’s footwork & hand placement is already college level

IMO he’s the most talented HS LT prospect I’ve seen since Jake Matthews.

If this kid isn’t a top 5 pick in 4 years then something has gone insanely wrong. I don’t keep track of OL’s as much as I do DB’s & skill players in general, but I can’t recall too many day 1 LT prospects that were this good. Evan Neal is probably the most recent one...

But this kid is SPECIAL
Reminds me of Tyron Smith coming out back in the day although he is likely bigger than Tyron at this point. Very patient in these pass pro clips and devastating power in his hands. Would be hard to see this kid not being a top pick based on what he has already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back