2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure how it'd be possible to sign the #1 offensive tackle recruit/#1 offensive player in Florida/#8 overall recruit in America and have his position group be considered underwhelming.
Because the rest of the OL class are projects and we need quality guys that can play pretty quickly because the rest of our classes before Mario were the same way. It’s really not a far fetched opinion since we need multiple guys in the trenches. Good news is it looks like he signs here and we are leading for a transfer. But Francis is a .9962 and our next highest ranked OL is .8869. That’s a massive gap.

Because the rest of the OL class are projects and we need quality guys that can play pretty quickly because the rest of our classes before Mario were the same way. It’s really not a far fetched opinion since we need multiple guys in the trenches. Good news is it looks like he signs here and we are leading for a transfer. But Francis is a .9962 and our next highest ranked OL is .8869. That’s a massive gap.

That's why we also need the Alabama transfer. Our OLine has to be totally rebuilt.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me the shoe thing? I totally missed it.
shoe throwing GIF

Mauigoa is elite and likely a 2.5 year starter here at UM

But if we are being honest Kinsler and Frankie are not immediate plug and play guys. I know we hit on Anez last year but that’s not always gonna happen.

We’ll need to portal it up as a bridge until we can develop these guys. Personally, I think we need 3 starting level guys in the portal this year.

We’ll need to portal it up as a bridge until we can develop these guys. Personally, I think we need 3 starting level guys in the portal this year.
I’m assuming Zion isn’t staying because we just haven’t heard a word all season

I assumed LG C RG were set for 2023 with Rivers Clark and Cooper and the tackles would be either up for grabs or Campbell would take one of the spots. We need a lot of depth because Sagapolu and Dennis looked horrendous when they played

Not worried about losing Lew. Kid is undersized, 6'3 280. He is going to have to put on a lot of weight at only 6'3. He will be respectful probably another Gaynor. Going be tough blocking against taller, heavier dlineman.

Advertisement
Not worried about losing Lew. Kid is undersized, 6'3 280. He is going to have to put on a lot of weight at only 6'3. He will be respectful probably another Gaynor. Going be tough blocking against taller, heavier dlineman.
He either hasn’t turned 17 or just did. He’s the best center prospect in the country and a year younger than most

Centers are typically not huge dudes.

He is a definite loss but we will survive.

projected to be a center. doubt he’s 6’3, probably just his program height, but i’d bet he’s about the height of the average NFL center.

projected to be a center. doubt he’s 6’3, probably just his program height, but i’d bet he’s about the height of the average NFL center.

Literally, lol.

At 6’3, that is taller than Jason Kelce and Ben Jones, 2 All Pro OC’s. I agree with you though, he probably isn’t 6’3 but 6’1-6’2 is more than fine for OC. It’s about smarts, quicks, and toughness there. Let the other 4 guys be the behemoths.

Advertisement
Literally, lol.

At 6’3, that is taller than Jason Kelce and Ben Jones, 2 All Pro OC’s. I agree with you though, he probably isn’t 6’3 but 6’1-6’2 is more than fine for OC. It’s about smarts, quicks, and toughness there. Let the other 4 guys be the behemoths.

Kelce is a unicorn though. No one his size has done what he has in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back